1911Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I live in the Los Angeles area, and my last firearm purchase was a couple of years ago; what the $%^#@ has happened to the prices since then??? It seems that everything is around full MSRP now! I'm looking for a Kimber Classic Custom Stainless, does anybody know a gun shop anywhere in So Cal with decent prices? I'll drive up to an hour or more, I don't care about that, even San Diego would be alright. My apologies if this has been discussed often, I did a search and didn't find anything.

Thanks,

Ryan

·
Registered
1,060 Posts
The prices are equally outrageous here in Northern CA. Find a good deal online & have it shipped to your local FFL dealer (such as a pawn shop).

·
Registered
2,765 Posts
Go see Tuan's guns in Rowland Heights. Intersection of Nogales and Colima. Pete will work with you to some degree, and his prices are already under MSRP. The more often you buy (become a "regular") the more they'll discount. Just chat them up and be respectful and nice and they'll treat you good.

I also highly recommend Greta's guns in Simi Valley. Chris (the owner) or Jason will take care of you. They are the very best in terms of customer service that I have encountered, and if you're going to pay for a gun you might as well get taken care of. Again, become a regular for best service and pricing.

Turner's and especially B&B's prices have gotten out of hand.

Fowler's and Stockade have good selections but are full MSRP.

[This message has been edited by JiminCA (edited 10-17-2001).]

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the recommendations. Turners is out of hand for the most part, but I just bought a USP45 with night sights on sale for $699... nothing great for the rest of the country I'm sure but pretty cheap for here. I'll check out those other places you mentioned, Jim. BTW, when I was at Turners I heard that B&B is now bankrupt and out of business. Too bad, since they were the ones who helped the cops during the armed robbery a while ago, but their customer service sucked big time.

Ryan

·
Registered
2,765 Posts
I was just in B&B (Orange County) this week and stock levels were at an all time low. No primers, little ammo, just the basic guns.

·
Registered
1,947 Posts
Stick with Tuan's. No "I know what's better for you than you do B.S." Plus, their prices are fair and selection is decent.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts