1911Forum banner

1911 project completed

7K views 70 replies 45 participants last post by  JB6464 
#1 ·

Here is my Norinco 1911 project. I know most on here hate norinco's but with a little elbow grease they can be a nice platform for cheap. I replaced some internals with ed brown/wilson combat parts. G10 grips were $13 on aliexpress. Compensator was $20 on ebay. Mag well was $10 on ali express. And i used VHT header paint (3 coats, air dried for one hour then baked for 30 min at 350, then cool to touch, then baked again at 400 for 50 minutes and let air dry). Brownells magazines and the trigger is an ed brown. She functions perfect and is more accurate then I am. The color scheme is a little odd, but the VHT paint did not have that many options, at the very least its unique looking. Paint seems to hold up well, couple nicks from a punch when assembling it but it holds up to holster wear and tear. Let me know what you think!

See less See more
#12 ·
😀 You may have hit on something big!
This can be marketed as the first truck gun that can be used as a hazard warning device!!

I give you credit for going with your own vision of what’s beautiful.
Good luck and enjoy it!!
hey i never said it was beautiful 😂 just an experiment lol the paint was cheap and ceramic! i want to find OD green and FDE. Thanks man!

#14 ·
View attachment 612223

Here is my Norinco 1911 project. I know most on here hate norinco's but with a little elbow grease they can be a nice platform for cheap. I replaced some internals with ed brown/wilson combat parts. G10 grips were $13 on aliexpress. Compensator was $20 on ebay. Mag well was $10 on ali express. And i used VHT header paint (3 coats, air dried for one hour then baked for 30 min at 350, then cool to touch, then baked again at 400 for 50 minutes and let air dry). Brownells magazines and the trigger is an ed brown. She functions perfect and is more accurate then I am. The color scheme is a little odd, but the VHT paint did not have that many options, at the very least its unique looking. Paint seems to hold up well, couple nicks from a punch when assembling it but it holds up to holster wear and tear. Let me know what you think!
I don't hate Norincos! Before clinton shut down the import some friends had a couple & they worked very well.
They looked pretty much like GI 1911s.

#20 ·
The type of compensator you placed on the gun is called "a bushing compensator" and does very little to dampen recoil. If you want a full profile compensator that works, you need the hole at the end of the comp to be a few thousandths bigger than a .452" bullet, and attaches to a threaded barrel. This is called an expansion chamber comp, and they do help to reduce muzzle lift.
Personally, I would remove the current comp you have on the gun, since it has little benefit, and those that know guns will not be impressed.....

#23 ·
The type of compensator you placed on the gun is called "a bushing compensator" and does very little to dampen recoil. If you want a full profile compensator that works, you need the hole at the end of the comp to be a few thousandths bigger than a .452" bullet, and attaches to a threaded barrel. This is called an expansion chamber comp, and they do help to reduce muzzle lift.
Personally, I would remove the current comp you have on the gun, since it has little benefit, and those that know guns will not be impressed.....
the compensator is just for looks to add some contrast. And your right, the pistol shoots excellent but did not change when I added the compensator.

#24 ·
View attachment 612223

#34 ·
View attachment 612223

I think I’d keep it like that. I’d drop the compensator and work on making it super accurate. It says to the world that a confident man with an accurate pistol doesn’t give a crap about making it look like every other one on the firing line.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.