1911Forum banner

1911 Sc

880 Views 3 Replies 4 Participants Last post by  at-home-daddy
I have been thinking about buying one of these to carry on duty. I read an article that said when your putting the slide back on, the lower part of the firing pin safety system can stick up into the frame and has to be loweredto the top of the frame to avoid dinging up the part. Is it easily noticeable to see this, and to push it down so this doesn't happen? This article is in the March 2005 1911 magazine. The article in on page 76. Just curious if anyone has had a problem with this? Does anyone have a problem with the firing-pin safety disengaging when you try pulling the trigger. I had that happen on the Kimber before, so I don't know if it was me or the gun? Thanks for your help. Any comments on this gun would also be greatly appreciated. Sean
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
186 Posts
I've never had that problem with my SC. Mine has been 100% reliable through 600 rounds. Not one stoppage of any kind. I would think this would be the most important factor for a duty gun. Feeds everything I throw at it. Accuracy is pretty decent. I guess you could say I trust my life with mine as I carry every day with my CHL.

· Registered
29 Posts
I have an 1911SC and to date have put 600rds 185gr and 230gr fmj, and 300rds of both 185gr Winchester Silver Tip HP's, and 230gr Speer Gold Dot HP's without a single malfunction of any kind, and it is very accurate as well. I would reccomend this pistol w/o hesitation!

· Registered
735 Posts
Yes, it can happen if the grip safety has been engaged while the slide is off (through cleaning, handling, etc.); it's very noticable when it happens. It's free-moving and pushes right back into the frame w/ no resistance. It's absolutely no big deal.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.