1911Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was out shooting today found the slide starting to stick a little?
I have a little over 1000 rounds threw the mil spec 1911 and never had any problem's installed a new pin stop last week from EGR and tested last week with a 100 rounds no problem.
I just added a new set of slim grips and thought I would like to see how the thinner grips feel must of went threw 50 rounds no problem then it seem to start:I load my clip 5 rounds only and after the last shot I remove the mag: and walk the slide down just the last 1/16" I felt the slide stick not all the time but I new it did not feel right.
I shot another 50 rounds no problems but when I got home I did decide to field strip and clean and did notice the slide need a little more then just slide of the frame.
I strip the slide and frame and reassembled the slide to the frame I did notice as soon as the slide did meet the EJECTOR on the frame seem it started to stick did notice the ejector had a bare spot were the blue wore off otherwise it look O.K. not bent I had some [email protected] bore paste and added some to the ejector and after working the slide by hand my problems were gone.
I cleaned a reassembled rack the slide to the forward position and no problems anyone have any idea why it started to stick?
I forgot to mention I clean my gun after every time out at the range

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
ejector

I checked the the pin stop using a black magic marker on the ejector after racking the slide by hand there are no marks on the inside that faces the new pin stop.I did notice a few high spot on the top of the ejector.
I here some say the ejectors are pined in I look it over on the side of the slide no pin is holding it in place wonder if it just press fit?
I polished the ejector on the high spot seem to work o.k. now I will rage test it to make sure.
picture always helps red lines show the high spots

·
Registered
923 Posts
maybe it's the Welches Concord Grape Jelly your using for lube...:D

sorry couldn't resist...

·
Banned
7,485 Posts
The MilSpec, USGI, and probably the Loaded get just enough attention at the factory to ensure they work, which yours did with the OEM parts.

My USGI was the tightest M1911 I've ever owned but lots of hand cycling with a slurry of CLP and JB Bore Paste smoothed her out nicely.

Just like you've done with the ejector.

-- Chuck

1 - 7 of 7 Posts