1911Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Not sure where to post this question so here goes.

When practicing your triger control (dry fire practice) does the 1911(Kimber PCII) give the same triger release if I just cock the hammer rather than partially rack the slide every time to reset triger/hammer?

Is this ok for triger control practice? The down side I have found is if I cock the hammer manualy, you can't practice keeping the sites aligned while releasing the triger for reset stroke then begin the triger squeeze cycle.

How should I do it?

Thanks in advance,
Later...

·
Registered
1,561 Posts
GSS said:

When practicing your triger control (dry fire practice) does the 1911(Kimber PCII) give the same triger release if I just cock the hammer rather than partially rack the slide every time to reset triger/hammer?
The hammer should be cocked the same whether it is manually pulled back or if the slide is racked. Either will work the same.

The down side I have found is if I cock the hammer manualy, you can't practice keeping the sites aligned while releasing the triger for reset stroke then begin the triger squeeze cycle.
I don't quite understand what you mean by this. ??

·
Registered
11,100 Posts
What he means is the disconnect doesnt kick in unless the slide cycles. Therefore he cant just hold the trigger down and then point the gun back at the target and then release the trigger and fire again while keeping the sights aligned.

My vote is to do it mostly by the more convenient thumb cocking method because the recoiling handgun will be more of a force during the time you will be releasing the trigger then your letting off of it in regard to keeping the sights aligned. Much more of a force.

·
Registered
1,561 Posts
Mus said:
What he means is the disconnect doesnt kick in unless the slide cycles. Therefore he cant just hold the trigger down and then point the gun back at the target and then release the trigger and fire again while keeping the sights aligned.

OK. I get what GSS is saying now. I agree with Mus, it's not like, when firing the sites are going to stay perfectly still during recoil.

Although cycling it will get you familiar with when the trigger resets upon release before full letup.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts