1911Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
284 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was wondering, since I have never shot an HP, and have no access to one (now that my favorite gun shop has sold the one it had in the rental counter!), for a female, what is the difference in recoil , and easy of shootabilty between a standard pressure 185 grn. 1911 .45 auto, and a standard pressure 115 grn. HP 9mm ?

It has been my experience that, there is so little difference between the recoil/shootability of a 23 oz. Glock 19 115 grn. 9mm, and a 38 oz. 1911 185 grn. .45 auto, that there is no reason not to choose the .45 auto for a lightly built female.

However, I have no yet been able to experience the 32 oz. HP for the same comparison. Would like to stay w/ the .45 auto, I think, if the difference is not that great.

Thoughts, guys?
Elsworth

·
Registered
284 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
To answer my own question...

I found that the difference between a 38oz. 1911 and a BHP, in terms of ease of shooting, was somewhat insignficant , for me. The BHP probably recoils about 10-15% less. If you can shoot a BHP, you can shoot an all steel govenment nearly as well. ( I am a little lite in the butt too, at only 150lbs.).

The real difference in shootability became more apparent the more you shoot. After about 100 rounds, the 1911 is making me a little fatigued, where as I can shoot the BHP on and on.

The answer? I dunno.

It sure is nice to feel the heft of the 1911, look over its long rounded slide, and see its yawning muzzle in the mirror. But, the gun is heavy to lug around all the time!

On the other hand,

The HP is very accurate, a little faster handling, and holds more buwetts.

Someone else choose for me! I can't make up my mind.

Elsworth

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.