1911Forum banner

1911 vs HP ease of shooting well?

1920 Views 14 Replies 10 Participants Last post by  ArmySon
I was wondering, since I have never shot an HP, and have no access to one (now that my favorite gun shop has sold the one it had in the rental counter!), for a female, what is the difference in recoil , and easy of shootabilty between a standard pressure 185 grn. 1911 .45 auto, and a standard pressure 115 grn. HP 9mm ?

It has been my experience that, there is so little difference between the recoil/shootability of a 23 oz. Glock 19 115 grn. 9mm, and a 38 oz. 1911 185 grn. .45 auto, that there is no reason not to choose the .45 auto for a lightly built female.

However, I have no yet been able to experience the 32 oz. HP for the same comparison. Would like to stay w/ the .45 auto, I think, if the difference is not that great.

Thoughts, guys?
Elsworth
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
601 Posts
Forgetting about recoil for a moment, the HP does seem to point better for me, but the 1911 has better overall balance. Hard to say which I shoot better, but I prefer the 1911 in .45ACP for defense. Guess that's why I have more than one of each.

· Registered
601 Posts
Warm Bore, Your a lucky man. Your wife only threatened to take your HP, mine did! Fortunately, my Wickmann HP was not too far behind, so my EGW HP is now hers.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.