Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Colt has been selling a WWI replica
(since this past summer ?) Anybody have one.... anyone care to make a guess as to availability ? My local gun stores say "they are backordered"
I have not seen one. I called Colt and was told that maybe February 1994.
I would appreciate any info anybody has.
Thanks guys,
Bro.Jack

·
Administrator
72,451 Posts
Do a search in the Colt forum for more info and a few pictures. I am still waiting to receive mine, as although they are currently in production the demand is far above Colt's ability to make them in any quantity.

·
Registered
989 Posts
The same price gouging that went on with their WWII remake is at work here. Give it a year for the speculators to start selling them off online and you'll get them under a thousand again.

·
Registered
1,966 Posts
My brother, coltjeeper, has had one for quite awhile now. Mine just came in yesterday and I'm picking it up Saturday. Price for each was only $875.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
WWI Colt repro

Thanks, guys. I ordered one from Sporting Arms; should be shipped anyday. $ 869.00 plus shipping.
Thanks for all the help.

Bro.Jack

·
Registered
115 Posts
Bro.Jack, All--

Saw that on Colt's website tonight, researching (or trying to) the s/n on a USGI Colt from 1918 that is soon to be on the way to me... Please, y'all, let us all know how that 1911 WWI Reproduction IS! I'm about three-quarters of the way interested in that thing... I LOVE the 1911 as opposed to the 1911A1, even though my current three are A1s... The USGI has set me back for a few months, BUT, I wasn't aware of the Colt 1911 WWI Reproduction, only the 1991, WWII A1 one, until tonight...

Looked at that 1911 WWI Reproduction and they are VERY interesting to me... am sure that there is high demand from us folks who LOVE JMB's 1911 platform. I'm just SO happy that the U.S. military has come to their senses and is going back to this in .45ACP. It works. If it ain't broke, don't fix it. The special ops groups have always stuck with the 1911, and the Marine Corps was drug kicking and screaming to the M9 and M16 from the 1911 and M14. The sidearm... with modern logistics and infrastructure, and the fact that the sidearm is not the primary weapon of the soldier in the field of combat... I don't know what the deal was with the Berettas... although, I've owned two (no longer) of Italian, not U.S., manufacture, and they were beautiful and reliable in a CIVILIAN environment. Maybe our ol' bigmouth is a slow round; but, at 50 to 100 feet or less, what is the difference? And you dang sure better not be the target, when it gets where it's going. .45ACP, out of the 1911, WORKS. Period.

Y'all all take care and be safe.
Mick

·
Administrator
72,451 Posts
Please don't reply to threads that are this old (three years). Thanks.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.