1911Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got a PX9109L 1911 A1 loaded , went to the range today and put about 300 rds through it, factory and reloads was cleaning it and noticed there was some play in it , i could grab both sides by the front sight and could feel and see some wobble on the slide to frame fit , is this something to be concered about?
and also noticed the grips won't tighten down , should I send it back to springfield? My mil Spec is still tight after about 3500 rds

·
Registered
3,320 Posts
How does it shoot? If it shoots good, I wouldn't worry about a little bit of play--it doesn't always seem to affect accuracy, and probably makes it more reliable.

As to the grips--they are actually loose? And the screws won't tighten? W/ that I'd ask them to send a new pair or grips anyway--most likely they were over tightened and cracked/broke inside.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Slide to frame fit is really unimportant to accuracy. This has been documented many times. If the gun is accurate, it's accurate because of barrel lockup and probably bushing fit.

Tight guns tend to be more finicky and testy.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Just got off the phone with SA they are sending me some new grip screw bushings. I checked against the mil spec they are .003 taller. hope that takes care of the problem with the loose grips

1 - 4 of 4 Posts