1911Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got back from the range.

Shot three boxes of ammo: American Eagle 230 gr. FMJ, CCI Blazer 230 gr. FMJ, Remington 185 gr. JHP.

Got scared a little. First round from the first two mags was four inches low. The rest that followed the first round of each mag were dead on. I thought that the manual release of the slide was somehow putting the cartridge into battery differently than the normal slide cycle after shooting a round. I was terrified to think every first round from the mag was going to be low, followed by the rest of the mag dead on. Turns out I was having the nervous jitters and pushing the muzzle down in anticipation of the recoil. Every mag after the first two were all dead on. No low first shots. Whew!

No malfunctions of any kind.

Shot the NRA 25 yd. slow fire target in the standing position. At 7 yds, all ammo was in the 9 and 10 rings. At 15 yds, all were in the 7, 8, 9 and 10 rings (these are still all in the black). Not a single flyer from all the ammo. This gun really groups 'em tight. At 7 yds there was one big ragged hole. I was tearin' it up.

What a pleasure to shoot.

Colt's Patent Firearms Manufacturing Company: I love you. Will you marry me?

Rob

101 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Originally posted by Brent Chambers:
Amen to Colt!
Hey, fellow Michigander. I hope I didn't offend you on the mil-spec issue. You and I have different hopes for Colt and the direction in which the good people in Hartford take the company. LTG Keys is doing a marvelous job there. Colt is on fire (forgive the historic pun). We can still be gentlemen about our disagreements, though. And I think we have been. Maybe my shot about the mil-specs was over the edge. If you or others were offended I apologize.

Take care,
Rob

·
Administrator
73,398 Posts
Good to hear it shoots well. I'd sure hope for $900+ I'd get a gun that has a good trigger and shoots good groups.

Moving to Range Reports.

------------------
D. Kamm
USGI M1911/M1911A1 Pistols Website
http://www.geocities.com/M1911_M1911A1

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.