1911Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
504 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Picked up my 1911A1 WW2 Reproduction today and only twh issue with this great gun.

It has some wear on the lettering, the owner said he received it that way from his dealer. I was wondering if Colt will help me spot-refinish these small areas that are in the white.

I don't want the entire slide refinished cause it might not match up. Can Colt spot refinish these little areas so they are parked again? Will this be covered in the warranty? I have all the papers and such.

Also, the previous owner said he is experiencing 4th round FTF's with the factory mags. What would remedy this?

·
Administrator
72,478 Posts
Rrotz,

I'm willing to bet a box of ammo the pistol didn't come from Colt that way! Colt can refinish it for you, but you might have to sweet-talk them into doing it for you for free. Otherwise, if you're still in the inspection period I'd say the seller wasn't 100% honest about the condition. I saw the ad and remember he said the thing still looked brand-new.

·
Registered
1,103 Posts
Colt did have some finish problems with the WW2 Repros, but I would be very surprised if the problems were that bad.

I sent one of my WW2 Repros back to Colt and they refinished it for me. I was the original owner, however, and the gun had not (and still has not) been fired.

WJR

·
Registered
556 Posts
I can't imagine Colt sending that out, but I can also not imagine what normal activity would cause that type of wear. I would be talking with Colt about a refinish.

·
Registered
146 Posts
strip the parka off and have it blued

1 - 7 of 7 Posts