1911Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello Everyone,

I am thinking about buying a SW 1911PD and had a few questions.

I currently have a Sig229, and like the way that the slide drop is easily reachable with one hand. I've noticed on other 1911 brands, that the slide drop is hard to use/reach for me.

Is the SW 1911 slide release closer than other 1911's out there. i have not been able to get my hands on one yet to actually try it. They are hard to find.

Thanks!

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks - from experience, does it become easier to release or are you always pulling the slide back to re-chamber a cartridge.

Wardman

·
Registered
834 Posts
The 1911 doesn't have a "slide release", it has a slide stop. After the slide is in the stop position the procedure is to [1] put in a loaded magazine then pull the slide back and release [slingshot] or [2] Without a magazine, pull back the slide and while held back depress the slide stop then release the slide.

·
Premium Member
6,669 Posts
I always hit the slide release, (I bought mine from Brownels they still sell them) with my weak hand as I am regripping the gun. No wasted motion that way. Your hand is allready there in position.

Bob

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Good info. I really like the feel of the 1911PD, and think it may take some getting used to.

I like the idea of the extension too.

Wardman

1 - 7 of 7 Posts