1911Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The hammer in my newest purchase has a pit in an area. Still need to test this one out. Bought on a sale 449 after rebate. Are the trigger parts in these MIM??`

·
Registered
56 Posts
The hammer in my newest purchase has a pit in an area. Still need to test this one out. Bought on a sale 449 after rebate. Are the trigger parts in these MIM??`
Too late now but in the future when purchasing a firearm the salesman should allow you to inspect the firearm before filling out ( or somewhere in there) the 4473. If you see a defect you can ask for him/her to pull out another to inspect...If they don't like that, walk....

In this day & age I'm quite certain all the working internals are MIM, doesn't mean it's a bad thing but it answers the question. I'm sure the pit is cosmetic but let me ask, is the pit on the surface of the hammer that strikes the primer/rides under the slide? if so then I wouldn't worry about it as it will most likely wear within a couple hundred rounds unless it's a deep pit. If it bothers you enough call Remington and they can replace the hammer or if you want to do it yourself (it's not hard at all) there's tones of aftermarket parts out there. Pick your poison... :rock:

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanx

Too late now but in the future when purchasing a firearm the salesman should allow you to inspect the firearm before filling out ( or somewhere in there) the 4473. If you see a defect you can ask for him/her to pull out another to inspect...If they don't like that, walk....

In this day & age I'm quite certain all the working internals are MIM, doesn't mean it's a bad thing but it answers the question. I'm sure the pit is cosmetic but let me ask, is the pit on the surface of the hammer that strikes the primer/rides under the slide? if so then I wouldn't worry about it as it will most likely wear within a couple hundred rounds unless it's a deep pit. If it bothers you enough call Remington and they can replace the hammer or if you want to do it yourself (it's not hard at all) there's tones of aftermarket parts out there. Pick your poison... :rock:
Its in a spot that will not affect safety notch or the full cock notch. Luckily its in a spot that nothing appears to slide past. But now I need to inspect closer one defect may mean more in places that matter

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Visited store today to buy 9MM ammo on sale

the manager remembers me I shop there often we pulled 3 boxes all stainless hammers have the same mark. my black oxide does not must something different in fixtures from the contractor that machines the stainless hammers

·
Premium Member
8,365 Posts
May be a mold sprue divot

1 - 7 of 7 Posts