1911Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm just about to break down and get a TRP. I know the original milspec guns from WWII handled field conditions like dust, dirt, etc. pretty well due to the loose tolerances. How well does a tight (or at least tighter) gun like the TRP fair when used as a combat arm in the field? Can it handle dirt and grit or will it lock up in extended field conditions?

Thanks for your help,

Dman

·
Registered
10 Posts
Generaly the answer would be yes. A lot of people love to point out how "loose as a goose" the G.I. 1911s are but these people don't understand they were built that way on purpose! J. Browning designed that pistol for one reason-to kill an enemy soldier at close range under the worst of field conditions. Does any one here think a Les Baer would have worked reliably in the mud soaked trenches of world war1? I think some people have lost sight of what the 1911 is. A hardcore combat weapon, period.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
JohnS said:
That would be an interesting thread to start. Buy your trp and put it through the torture test.
It would be interesting, but if it failed it would be an expensive failure. I may do it anyway, but $1100 is a lot of money for a pistol. At least for me.

Dman

1 - 4 of 4 Posts