1911Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Has anyone watched the new Hitman movie? I was supposed to watch it yesterday on my Birthday but rented Die Hard instead... :) will go watch it in a coupe of days....

anyways, the movie is based on a video game in which the hitman's trademark weopons are dual stainless 1911's (in the game called "silverbellers"). According to the movie posters/pics looks like the Hitman caracter (played by Timotty O- somtheing - bad guy from new Die Hard movie) also uses a pair stainless 1911's. Anyone knows what guns they actually used in the movie? I'll be watching the movie with in a couple days, so hopehully be able to tell but I'm a little curious now :p

·
Premium Member
3,907 Posts
I saw the movies yesterday, pretty good flick. I thought in the game they were called, "Hardballers?" I didn't care for the hammer down Hollywood thing (so they make a clicking sound when cocked-for effect)...

·
Registered
705 Posts
They used Para Ordanance pistols.

·
Registered
283 Posts
Sissy Guns

Tommy Lee Jones said that great line in "U.S, Marshal's" .

·
Registered
72 Posts
Viking1911 said:
RapidFire. Your signaturelines, they are from the movie Collateral, right?
First one is U.S. Marshals, second is The Punisher (paraphrased historical quote), the third is from Collateral.

·
Registered
11,101 Posts
Does he garrote anyone in the sauna, deliver a pizza bomb to blow a guy up or assassinate a criminal with improperly prepared Fugu like he did in the game series?

Just curious. Some of the creative ways you could infiltrate by assuming different disguises and thus take out your targets in the game were hilarious, wondering if it made it into the movie at all.

*WARNING* The guards are now looking for a suspicious looking sushi chef...

:rofl:

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Not to be a smart @$$ but try the search for hitman I am sure its been discussed, and I think they are Para's
never occured to me with the movie being so new and to be honest didn't think anyone would care to ask :biglaugh:

And yes you guys are right they did use Paras, in fact they used P18-9 model. (9mm) I have to say I was a bit surprised in the game it ALWAYS was a single stack (7 round) .45ACP stainless 1911. But I guess Para does look a LOT like the 1911 in the game(s) - having adjustable sight and no front slide serrations. Not to mention with P18-9 you can shoot 18 rounds without reloading instead of just 7 - makes sence!

·
Administrator
73,803 Posts
I think you nailed it. With dual 9mm Paras the Hitman can lay waste to everything onscreen and satisfy the firepower crowd. 7-shot handguns are just too boring in the eyes of a director, because they think watching characters reload is too much like watching them go to the bathroom.

·
Registered
442 Posts
dsk said:
, because they think watching characters reload is too much like watching them go to the bathroom.
but to the afficiendo, done propery is like a ballet, an artform...

·
Registered
2,451 Posts
I don't think they are P-18's

I just watched the movie a few days ago. It was alrightt as far as shoot-em-up flicks go. The movie poster showed that they are Para-Ordnance pistols but the actual model number is hard (for my eyes) to read. However, I don't think they are the new P-18. The poster clearly shows that the cocking serrations are the old vertical style and the hammers are the old ring-type. The P-18 has the newer angled cocking serrations and the speed hammer.

There is a scene in the subway where the mags are dumped. If I were paying more attention I might have been able to tell what caliber they were. When it comes out on video I'll take a closer look. I didn't think it was good enough to justify another full-price ticket or trip to the matinee.

·
Registered
535 Posts
MEH92 said:
I just watched the movie a few days ago.

There is a scene in the subway where the mags are dumped. If I were paying more attention I might have been able to tell what caliber they were. When it comes out on video I'll take a closer look. I didn't think it was good enough to justify another full-price ticket or trip to the matinee.
Based on my observations one could read the rollmarks at one point with a decent DVD player and some remote control dexterity. I just couldn't quite get it in th e theater but I could easily be convinced of Para.

I did pick up on double-stack in the subway (at least from some if not all of the assassins), no FCS, adjustable rear sights.

I too was annoyed by cocking for effect, as much as I always am when TV and movie guns rattle when presented, like the slide, grips and magazine springs are all loose as heck.

·
Registered
200 Posts
I just saw the flick last night. I enjoyed it as I did not have too high of expectations. I believe the 1911s were Para's. I think they had several models of Para's since he was taking guns from different people.

I don't know if you guys have seen the latest Resident Evil. Milla Javovich's character uses a couple of sweet Para LDA's.

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I didn't think it was good enough to justify another full-price ticket or trip to the matinee
Being a big fan of the game I had to see it :) (paid $10). I'd give it 8/10, not bad at all, but could've been a little better... If someone never played the game I guess they won't fully enjoy/get some of the humor (duck in the bathtub), and other stuff like sliping something in someone's drink and wating for them to go to the bathroom, hiding bodies in the containers etc. -all taken from the game...Also understanding Russian helps as well ;)

Anyways back the 1911's :) it's possible that they used more than one Para ord. model. But they definetily used P18-9 ;)

http://img266.imageshack.us/img266/4483/szenenbild01jpeg933x140qb9.jpg

1 - 20 of 24 Posts