1911Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

· Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Everyone, I am pretty solid on modern weapons but trying to figure out a price on a Colt 1911 U.S. Army 1942 piece is way over my head. The range of prices on these things are insane so I figure I should try the experts. Any help on an appraisal on this one would be appreciated. Thank you!
Air gun Trigger Gun barrel Wood Gun accessory
Air gun Trigger Wood Gun barrel Gun accessory
Air gun Trigger Gun barrel Wood Gun accessory
Air gun Trigger Wood Gun barrel Gun accessory

· Administrator
80,918 Posts
You need to verify that the slide SN matches the frame (found underneath the FP stop) and that it has the correct barrel with COLT 45 AUTO on the lower left and a G mark on the bottom.

Reactions: Che and Plywoodking

· Premium Member
145 Posts
There have been several trades recently with s/n close to that one for $4600-$4900, but all were in much better condition than that one appears to be, and all had matching slide s/n and correct G marked Colt barrels.

· Registered
405 Posts
Along with the verification info mentioned, We will need some additional pictures
that include the pistol taken down (receiver, slide, barrel, etc.). Also some close ups
of the various markings. There is just too much "guessing" with the info you've provided
to make any value estimates. Small details can make a big difference on the value.

· Registered
2,018 Posts
Looks like everything matches (to the best of my knowledge), again thanks for the help. This is a new world for me so I do appreciate it. If I missed anything please let me know and what it may be worth in this condition, thank you. View attachment 640947 View attachment 640948 View attachment 640949
The Hze,

There is (should be) a letter stamped on the bottom of the Barrel chamber in front of the link lugs,...show us a picture of it.? (The link is covering it in your last picture.)
(And, just to be complete, show us the back of your Pistol, with the detail of the MSH.)

Best Regards,

· Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Looks like it is a 7 if that is what we are looking for and I can re-assemble for the back of the pistol of needed. I really want to thank you all for your attention to detail on all of this.
Sleeve Wood Tints and shades Gas Cylinder
Wood Rectangle Beige Tints and shades Electric blue

· Administrator
80,918 Posts
It's a Colt barrel but it's later than the pistol... used from 1943 onwards. The original barrel had a small G in that location.

Still better than having a Brand X barrel in it, but like Plywoodking said it takes at least $500 off the value. Prices for WW2-era Colts are all over the place, but around $3500 is probably good for an insurance value.

Reactions: Che

· Administrator
80,918 Posts
Something you need to do is look carefully at the contact areas where the barrel hits the slide and frame, and see if the wear patterns mirror each other. What we're trying to determine is whether the barrel was possibly replaced in the field a long time ago, or if some collector found a NOS barrel and installed it recently.

Reactions: Che
1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.