1911Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is my first "collectable " 1911A1
1945 Ithaca. It has a blued grip safety ,blued thumb safety, and Blued Colt narrow hammer.

I need to know what should it have on it? I relies the parts need to be parkerized. But I am more wanting to know what parts should be grooved or ?

Thanks for any help.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Serial number 18285xx

·
Registered
3,567 Posts
If it is a 1945 all small parts should be grooved.

Some small parts that appear blue are actually parkerized.

Your slide is unusually dark and may be refinish? Frame looks good though. Barrel should be blue, looks parkerized.

·
Administrator
73,097 Posts
The barrel looks to be Parkerized instead of blued, which would not be correct. I'd also be suspicious of the finish mismatch between the slide and receiver. Is that from Simpson LTD?

*whoops sorry vette, I didn't see your post.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
Yes it from Simpson LTD.
And the barrel is parked
OK thanks for your help guys

OK found a shipping data from Ithaca . It left Ithaca February 19th 1945

·
Registered
3,758 Posts
Could the blued parts be DuLite , and possibly correct?

Didn't Ithaca use some DuLite small parts from other suppliers?

·
Premium Member
15,378 Posts
Many RRs and Ithacas had near-black parts. Here's my RR for example.

I think the slide on this Ithaca has been re-finished. Slide stop looks too light, but I'm not well-versed on Ithacas.

·
Administrator
73,097 Posts
I hate to say it, but it looks to me like a parts gun. I used to buy guns from Simpson 20+ years ago, but in recent years virtually all the guns on their site seem to have something wrong with them yet the prices are astronomical. Make sure you look the pistol over real good when you receive it and verify all the wear patterns match. The Parkerized barrel is already a no-no and the mismatched finish on all the parts indicates to me that some parts swapping was done. Don't hesitate to return it to them if it doesn't look better in person than these pictures indicate. There are plenty of good, all-correct Remington Rands and Ithacas out there for around $1800 or so if you're patient.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Here is a different picture with less flash.

It's a consignment gun. I won't think Simpsons would have screwed with it.

·
Administrator
73,097 Posts
Can you get us a picture taken outdoors in natural light? Unfortunately that image is too dark and isn't really any more helpful than Simpson's crappy pics.

·
Registered
3,567 Posts
Years ago they had Delbert. He was the 45 guy for years. Probably retired about 2000. He knew M1911s and A1s and tried to correctly represent them. The dad and son are not big on these pistols.

I too doubt that they put it together. They are too busy to construct most guns, especially under 10K. They probably got it this way and are just flipping it. That said, hard to say for sure. Plus, it is not right as I said before. Looks like a $900 gun so far IMO.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
OK after some more looking I found out that my pistol was sold on February 22 2015 at the Rock Island gun auction with a 22lr slide on it. So it is a piece together gun. :( Oh well live and learn I guess. Thanks for all the help and insight.

·
Registered
32 Posts
I thought on Ithaca 1911A1s the M1911A1 model legend on the right side of the slide was further forward of the slide release hole than is shown. The placement of the model legend looks more like in the position of a Rem Rand to me or am I mistaken.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts