1911Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,079 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What would be a current ball park price for a : 1975 Series 70 large logo .45 ? No box, 100% original/unmodified in any way . Original grips. Condition is at least 90% on a conservative side. Perfect function. Thank You. PS. Looking to buy a pistol described above.

·
Premium Member
2,487 Posts
Put a few pics on here and we can tell you more. From what you described I would estimate a $1,000-$1200.00 as a start. I paid for 1200.00 for my S70 with a box and it is a 90-95%.

·
Registered
42 Posts
I bought one off GB a few weeks ago for right at $1000. 90%+. No box. No papers. One mag. Looks all original.

·
Registered
23,180 Posts
I see them in gun stores down here in the $800-900 range. I think some of it is the price of the new Series 70 Colt pistols. If you want a shooter they are a better option for a lot of people. Now something nice made before 1970 then for sure more than $1K.

·
Registered
716 Posts
That is in very nice condition, I got two Series 70's earlier this year, but they were in Horrid conditions, but I wanted them that way, I only wanted the Slide and Frame to do two builds on them. Mine had rust and pitting, but honestly, I didn't care, they will be come shooters

·
Registered
5 Posts
In '77, a buddy and I bought series 70's together. We got a real good deal on the two. I built mine into, what they used to call a "combat shooter". I sill have and use it today.

So... My buddy shot one 7 round mag thru his and put it on a shelve. It sat for years until he needed some quick $$. I bought it and still have it. It still has shot only one mag of 7. I thought I might build it, but other projects have got in it's way.

·
Registered
284 Posts
I paid $750 for mine, in similar condition, but that was 6 years ago. $800 is a good price these days. They are sort of hit or miss in terms of manufacturing quality. Mine has been somewhat problematic, but now that I've chased out the bugs it is a fine shooter.

·
Registered
1,079 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Pull the trigger on that deal, in all ways imaginable.
I got it. Very happy . got to shoot it first. Sights are well regulated. Feeds HST and Ball. Seems a bit more accurate than I expected. I will leave it stock. Colt are very adicting. Lol

1 - 15 of 15 Posts