1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well...Down the rabbit hole....

And here it is...
LOL_2655.JPG

After shooting thousands of rounds through polymer pistols, I purchased myself a good o Springfield Loaded. So far I placed 50 perfect rounds, and I must say that trigger...my god...that trigger. I was honestly projecting a good learning curve to make some decent shots but that trigger! I think I'm sold on the 1911....

·
Registered
245 Posts
Well your hooked now. Welcome to the world of 1911. Next on your soon to be list of 1911s to get should be a 9mm. I see you have already made your first change on your loaded well I'll just warn you it doesn't stop at just grips. You have started out with a nice one. A loaded was my first 1911 12 years ago and I still have it and the family has grown to 14. Keep it clean, lubed be safe and have fun.

·
Premium Member
5,717 Posts
1911's are old junk . Steel sucks , low round count , because its all about round
count these days . Even though I'am hard pressed to find any real need for high
round count for personal defense . Most engagements are over in under 3 mins
with minimal rounds fired . but back to the old 1911 , junk .. lol

Glad to have you on the forum . Glad to hear your enjoying your 1911

·
Registered
495 Posts
After a 1911 everything else is just a gun.

·
Registered
823 Posts
It's all over - you will be crazy like the rest of us - the addiction never ends :rofl:

Grant

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
And...Poof another 500 flawless rounds. This 1911 is eating away at my ammo stock. At this rate I'm going to 1. run out of ammo. 2. wear out my dummy rounds. 3. Take too many photos.

·
Registered
314 Posts
Trigger

The feel of the trigger breaking, pointability, reliability, looks, ease of carry. Why look elsewhere?

·
Registered
33 Posts
I don't feel anything fancy with the pistol. I just notice it's heavy and low mag capacity. But, glad you like it. Nothing wrong with trying new things.

·
Premium Member
5,717 Posts
And...Poof another 500 flawless rounds. This 1911 is eating away at my ammo stock. At this rate I'm going to 1. run out of ammo. 2. wear out my dummy rounds. 3. Take too many photos.

Looks like SGAMMO is going to be on your order list every couple of months
unless you reload . Ammo is always in my budget , also another 1911 they
seem to multiply . :)

·
Registered
1,606 Posts
Nice choice. My first 1911 was Loaded (parkerized). Since then, I have added 10+ 1911. :rock:

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Just finished firing another 300 trouble free rounds and broke it in even more. The safety selector clicks with authority and the slide is sooo smooth. I'm almost scared of scratches and dents, however I did buy it as a range toy. So much all those who kept telling me it was going to need a lot of work to run out of the box...

LOL_2663.JPG
LOL_2665.JPG

·
Registered
300 Posts
Just finished firing another 300 trouble free rounds and broke it in even more. The safety selector clicks with authority and the slide is sooo smooth. I'm almost scared of scratches and dents, however I did buy it as a range toy. So much all those who kept telling me it was going to need a lot of work to run out of the box...

View attachment 584314
View attachment 584316
As tough as 1911's are, if you manage to dent it then you have truly done something wrong! That aside, you are doomed to want 1911's forever now. Take a look at the Range Officer Compact or other CCO models from other makes or the Mil-Spec for a no thrills model.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts