1911Forum banner

1st 1911 - Small Issue

1K views 9 replies 9 participants last post by  brothernov 
#1 ·
Hello. I've been reading the threads here with great interest and have learned a lot. Thanks. I recently purchased a Colt Defender. It has exactly 200 rounds through it, 2 - 100 round sessions. I have a small problem I could use your advice on - the empty shells eject straight back into my face. I have two cuts on my forehead from this afternoon's session. I'm told the ejection direction can be adjusted. Should I take it back to the retailer who sold it to me (Gander Mountain) or go straight to a gunsmith? I think I'm going to get a "trigger job" as they guy who told me my forehead was bleeding today also let me shoot his "jobbed" gun, and I liked the silky-smoothness of it. I only bring that up because I sense a trip to the gunsmith is in my future anyway. Is there anything else I should ask the smith to look at/test/upgrade? Thanks in advance for your thoughts.

#8 ·
There are a large numbers of informative posts on this forum that are about extraction/ejection problems and easy remedies for them. Do a diligent search and learn how the system works. With knowledge on your side, fixing your pistol is possible even without special tools.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.