1911Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
FDF problem's 1st 2 rounds of every mag i loaded until i figured out i needed to push the mag up into the stock with the palm of my left hand, to take up the "play" - the extra 1/16 inch made a diff (this was when i racked the slide, when i just loaded another mag into the gun after last shot racked the weapon, the FDF ws about 9/10 of he the over the round. pushing the slide forward allowed the round to chamber. again fixed if i manually push the mag a little deeper into the stock)

tried a shooting start mag to see if that fixed it. wouldnt feed a single round.

tried a colt mag. only 1 FDF, but the mag wouldnt eject from the stock. i had to put my finger in the breach and push it down to get it out.

the gun wont engage the slide stop with the mag out. i have to manually flip the stop to the up position.

btw i shot pmc, american eagle, and lawman amo. 230 ball.

another strange thing i noticed. powder/burn marks on the slide (at the front of the barrel) were heavy on the right side of the slide. almost non-existant on the left. is that weird?

[This message has been edited by sreiter (edited 10-25-2001).]

·
Registered
660 Posts
A 1911 should not engage the slide stop by itself with out the mag in. It is the mag that pushes the stop up and into the recess on the slide to hold it open.

Sometimes you will see more powder residue on the right side of the gun simply because the ejection port is on that side.

Always, make sure the magazine is completely seated in the mag well. And always use a good, high quality magazine. For me, that is Wilson mags, only!!

Good luck with your Kimber, and give it at least a thousand rounds before doing anything major to it.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts