1911Forum banner

21 - 40 of 58 Posts

·
Banned
7,779 Posts
Steel case is fine.

Also, unless people WANT to keep it, we do not have to police the “brass”. The PD will do it, which saves us some time and effort :)
Awesome, I'm gonna be shooting mostly steel then

·
Banned
13,565 Posts
Damn.....would love to make it up but I'll be in the pit at a Hank Williams Jr/Kid Rock concert.....

·
Registered
90 Posts
The pit sounds like fun TRSOtto.

Yes working on collecting brass! @Striker2237 doesn’t matter have both small and large primer cases.

·
Registered
1,172 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
To all attendees:

An email will also be sent out, but this is easier for a quick message. Even though it was not specifically stated on the itinerary, you can plan on having a fair amount of time (on each day, likely) to shoot each others’ pistols/rifles/PCCs. There is no doubt everyone will be bringing at least one gun someone else wants to try.

So feel free to bring along whatever you like but be prepared to share and share alike :)

·
Registered
1,172 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
(Empty) Range Pics

Went down to the range we will be utilizing for our weekend and had one of my RSOs snap some pics.

First pic is basic view of the backstop and where we will be doing (most) of the shooting from. As you can see, nice and wide open

Second pic is taken from about the 50 yard line.

Third pic is from about the 150 yard line. The closest of the rubber "seats" to the picture is about 120 yards to the backstop. It has the little circle of weeds growing around it.

No worries about the weeds I will be getting rid of those soon enough :)

And we will be using everything out to 100/120 yards, including drills which necessitate moving closer and engaging...so get ready to move those feet and pull those triggers :)

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
14,598 Posts
Looks awesome kiddo, sounds like you all will have a great time!

·
Banned
7,779 Posts
Heck yeah, looks great. Any long gun requests for me? I have a large variety and optic choices

·
Registered
1,172 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
Everyone, as always, is welcome to bring any pistols, rifles, or other firearms they wish to practice with, drill with, and allow others to try out.

·
Registered
1,172 Posts
Discussion Starter #32
Attendees:

Check your personal emails for some updated information.

·
Premium Member
5,397 Posts
I’m sure he will have a Captain and beer tent set up at the hotel on Thursday night. :biglaugh:

·
Registered
1,172 Posts
Discussion Starter #35
I’m sure he will have a Captain and beer tent set up at the hotel on Thursday night. :biglaugh:
That’s the Saturday night festivities at my place! Despite the chance of weather, everything is still going forward.

As far as Thursday night, everyone just let me know when they get in town and I will hook up with you. You all have my number. Thursday afternoon I will be doing final preparations at the range so we can get started right away on Friday morning. We will also discuss where breakfast is going to be.

We can definitely do something Thursday night if those who are traveling are up for it. I did not plan on anything but I’m not opposed to it. The location where you are staying has plenty to do in the surrounding area.

·
Registered
1,172 Posts
Discussion Starter #37
We will be fine. Rain is only 40%-50% on Saturday (as of now). That means 100% around here but it’s no concern we won’t melt. Plus it’s great training to not always shoot in optimal conditions (as long as there is no lightning, which isn’t anticipated).

And it definitely won’t ruin the cookout that evening :) :)

·
Banned
7,779 Posts
We will be fine. Rain is only 40%-50% on Saturday (as of now). That means 100% around here but it’s no concern we won’t melt. Plus it’s great training to not always shoot in optimal conditions (as long as there is no lightning, which isn’t anticipated).

And it definitely won’t ruin the cookout that evening
So I have a question, any chance of night shooting? I have a new toy I want to try under live fire

·
Registered
1,172 Posts
Discussion Starter #39
Negative

·
Registered
1,172 Posts
Discussion Starter #40
In fact, I had asked about that before arranging the location because I had some drills in mind for at night. However, the range does not allow it so we will play the cards we are dealt

21 - 40 of 58 Posts