1911Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, plunged in for my first detail strip of the Milspec. It worked! In the process, I installed a long trigger, and adjusted the extractor tension. Also softened the edgeds of the grip safety in hopes that it would not bite my hand - alas, the safety still bites. Thus, the drop-in beavertail is winging it's way towards me from Brownells - chose the King's as they have one that's supposed to work with the standard hammer. We shall see.....

In the meantime, I'm considering night sights. The PT night sights from Brownells are attractive to me as they're a 2-color set, and I like the idea of a different color rear sight. Anyone have any experience with these?

·
Registered
564 Posts
Aahzz,

I did my first detail strip about 2 weeks ago on a Kimber SS Custom II, Kimber SS Custom Target II and a RRA Elite Commando. Of course the RRA's was the easiest, no extra parts, but both Kimbers were fairly easy, it just takes time. It is helpful to have the detailed dissasembly/re-assembly posts on the Kimber area of this forum and 1911.org

As for the PT night sights, I have read on this forum that they are of lower quality compared to Meprolight and Trificon.

·
Registered
78 Posts
I think MMC and a couple of others make night sights with different colored rears. Check Brownell's catalog. They have about every sight combo around. www.brownells.com
Their site can be tedious to navigate and really costly because of all the stuff you'll find that you need.:D

1 - 3 of 3 Posts