1911Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
879 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I went by a range I hadn't visited yet to check it out...and to see what all they offered (6 indoor 50 yard tunnels, gunsmith, store, 5 inhouse instructors, a nice place when they finish it). A few Border Patrol guys were there to requalify (they do quarterly) and an OD LEO as well. I was packing and let them know during the conversation, even tho technically I didn't need to I later found out. Seems I am obligated to only when approached in an official LE capacity...but they all thanked me and that they appreciated me letting them know. :)

·
Banned
61 Posts
To be honest there's no need to go around testing your "cop fu". They don't care and you come across as some hair trigger "special rainbow six operator":rolleyes:

Duh you're at a pistol range so you might have a CHL permit. I don't act any different around cops when I carry. They don't need to know unless it's an official capacity.

·
Registered
14,940 Posts
All our local cops know that I carry, but not one of them has ever mentioned that fact to me. I live in a gun-friendly environment. I can pull an M4 out of the trunk of my car, on the courthouse square, and nobody bats an eye. :)

·
Premium Member
664 Posts
We are not required to notify the police even if pulled over but I've never had to worry about that. I did walk into a police station for buisiness once and told them I was carrying. The officer was rather unconcerned and didn't seem to care.

·
Registered
348 Posts
Nice of you to tell them, I guess. I just don't understand why you felt the need to though. The scenario is: guy at a gun range; bag full of guns/ammo/stuff; one could assume that many, if not most, of the patrons are carrying.

When I go to my local range and pull out my concealed weapon, I never give it a thought despite the fact that cops are often there.

·
Registered
584 Posts
Pride, maybe? Or giddyness? I can't figure out why either.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts