1911Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just picked up my first BHP today. LGS had 3 come in a few days ago and since I missed one last year I was not going to miss one of these. Walked out with a new MKIII. I put 50 rounds through it with no issues this evening. I plan to shoot some more tomorrow and I am expecting it to run perfectly.

I'm a 1911, especially 10mm, fan and the trigger on the BHP is not nearly as nice. No complaints since I have lurked here for a while and was expecting the differences in triggers. Otherwise it feels great and shoots even better.

Overall great gun and I hope to get many years of enjoyment out of it. I may even carry it some when I can force myself to not carry the Delta Elite. Before I forget S/N starts with 511ZX#####.

EWW

·
Registered
933 Posts
Congrats! Good to see new ones hitting the shelves. I've had my MK III Hi Power since 1994, and the trigger is actually very nice. A bit heavy, due to the overly heavy mainspring (hammer spring). Many install a lighter spring, and remove the mag disconnect which make the trigger much, much nicer. Also a little trigger work goes a long way.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Installing a new mainspring and removing the mag disconnect really improved the trigger on mine. I just recommend taking it to a gunsmith for the job. I did mine myself and it worked out but I would never try it again.

·
Premium Member
2,530 Posts
I just picked up my first BHP today. LGS had 3 come in a few days ago and since I missed one last year I was not going to miss one of these. Walked out with a new MKIII. I put 50 rounds through it with no issues this evening. I plan to shoot some more tomorrow and I am expecting it to run perfectly.

I'm a 1911, especially 10mm, fan and the trigger on the BHP is not nearly as nice. No complaints since I have lurked here for a while and was expecting the differences in triggers. Otherwise it feels great and shoots even better.

Overall great gun and I hope to get many years of enjoyment out of it. I may even carry it some when I can force myself to not carry the Delta Elite. Before I forget S/N starts with 511ZX#####.

EWW
Congrats. Mind if I ask what part of the country your in and (ball park) how much you paid? A new Mk III is on my wish list.

·
Registered
574 Posts
Congratulations! Great to hear they are available, I've heard rumors to the contrary, obviously false. As you know, they are a fantastic pistol and very addicting!
Best,

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
DJ528, I found them in Nebraska, the LGS had them marked for $939.00. It also helped that Browning is running their tax relief deal right now in which they will refund the sales tax. They had two left yesterday afternoon.

With regards to the trigger it feels decent, not gritty or rough. The big difference is that it is heavy compared to my 1911's. However, it has a clean break and I think it will improve with some range time. I live about an hour from Cylinder and Slide so maybe a trip to Fremont is in the future for a trigger job.

EWW

1 - 9 of 9 Posts