1911Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
429 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'll be heading to my 1st IDPA match this weekend and am a bit nervouse. Any tips, tricks, or pointers?

------------------
Have you hugged your 1911 today?

·
Super Moderator
EDC: SIG P938.
22,212 Posts
Shoot for A-zone hits. Vickers Count scoring gives a big edge to accuracy over speed. Use cover as if the targets are shooting back. Don't sweat it. If the match is properly run, you WILL have fun.

·
Registered
3,312 Posts
Take what you feal most comfortable with shooting. If it's an auto, take 4 mags if you got'em. Also, hearing protection, glasses, and water. I know the hearing protection and glasses are a no brainer, but you would be surprized.

If this is your first time at competitive shooting, just go slow. Be careful. Listen to the safety officer. If you have a doubt about anything, ASK about it.

Be prepared to have fun and get addicted to it.

------------------
John

"And by the way, Mr. Speaker, The Second Amendment is not for killing ducks and leaving Huey and Dewey and Louie without an aunt and uncle. It is for hunting politicians like (in) Grozney and in 1776, when they take your independence away".
Robert K. Dornen, U.S. Congressman. 1995

·
Banned
14,948 Posts
Good advice above....you'll be fine.

Keep your muzzle pointing down range at all times, especially during mag changes.

·
Registered
451 Posts
Shoot toward the end of each stage so that you can see what is happening and get a feel for the course of fire. RickB give good advice: strive for accuracy, speed will come in due time.

Regards,
Frank

·
Premium Member
6,416 Posts
Let your safety officer knw that it is your first match. I am sure you will find everyone is very helpful. Take your time and shoot straight and safe, you 'll have a blast

·
Registered
2,155 Posts
Use your sights....RickB's right on the A-zone hits.

I love centerpunching those targets and hearing the SO sing out, "DOWN ZERO!!"

1 - 8 of 8 Posts