1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
8,307 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
1st Imperssion....nice.
1st 2nd Impression....very nice.
1st 3rd Impression.....very, very nice.

I got my hands on it last night at the shop where it sits out the mandatory waiting period. I immediately took it apart, wiped her down, looked her over, lubed her up, and put her back together for some quick dry fire to feel the trigger and then some range time.

The fit and finish, outside and inside, were excellant. Slide to frame fit was the tightest of any 1911 I have purchased to date (except for one of my SA 1911 9mm's which was so tight it would not cycle) while cycling on this gun was very smooth. The barrel/bushing fit was also fine. I really like the look of the stainless finish on this particular gun which is different from that on my two Loaded SA's.

I then put 75 rounds of 230 gr. FMJ down range and she ran flawless. The trigger was a touch heavier than I am used to so first rounds were going a bit left of center. As I got used to the heavier trigger the rounds came back nicely on target. This is my 3rd 1911 with tritium sights and the ones on this gun are very easy to see and sight.

Rounds went basically where I wanted them to go (after I got the heavier trigger thing down) and the grouping was just fine for my first time out as I get used to the sights and trigger. I did notice right off the top that this gun felt "smoother" than my other 1911's as she cycled through the fired rounds. If she feels that good now, I can't wait to see how she feels after a few hundreds of rounds.

Final 1st impression.....the quality and fine function of this gun seem to justifiy the extra expense. I am very pleased at this point and will put more rounds through tonight or Friday.

Pics as soon as home system is back up after our move to new house.

Edit: I just remembered that the young lady at the counter mentioned that the guy shooting two lanes to my right made a comment to her when he left the range. He was shooting at the same distance and the same type of target (torso) target I was. He told her he would hate to be in a duel with the guy two lanes to his left (me) because his rounds were going all over the torso target and mine were making one big hole COM in the torso. Since I shoot for defensive purposes that comment struck home as did the rounds from the TRP.

Be Safe, Shoot Well.:rock:

·
Registered
1,467 Posts
Yup.....

Congrats on the new pistol. I would hate to be the BG if you are raggin out the center of the target:p .

Best regards,
Joseph

·
Registered
8,307 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks.

i must say that it took some time to get there (like months of shooting three times a week since i am an old buzzard who just started shooting again a couple years back) and it definately helps to have a gun that feels as good in the hand as the 1911 does to me.

be safe, shoot well.:rock:

·
Registered
822 Posts
Congratulations! Can't wait to see the pics!!!
I think if I were to buy another 1911 SA TRP would be on the top of the list...hmmm Operator???

1 - 5 of 5 Posts