1911Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
534 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok. Since Katrina took all but 2 of my guns, I had to go buy another one. I bought a Winchester Mod. 70 Featherweight in .300WSM. I will be deer hunting next week so I had to sight her in. My wife wanted to go and shoot .38s through my Mod. 19 so I figured"what the hell", I'll take my SA TRP too. I bought a 100rd box of Remington 230gr. Jacketed Hollow Points. I was curious to see how they would shoot through the gun because my 1911, before today, was a hollow point virgin. Went through the box as if it were regular ball ammo. I was using one of my 7rd factory mags and 2 Tripp 8rounders. I loaded all mags to full capacity and no problems. I am VERY HAPPY. I will have to buy some of the other hollow points next.

·
Registered
2,132 Posts
cobra04 said:
Ok. Since Katrina took all but 2 of my guns, I had to go buy another one. I bought a Winchester Mod. 70 Featherweight in .300WSM. I will be deer hunting next week so I had to sight her in. My wife wanted to go and shoot .38s through my Mod. 19 so I figured"what the hell", I'll take my SA TRP too. I bought a 100rd box of Remington 230gr. Jacketed Hollow Points. I was curious to see how they would shoot through the gun because my 1911, before today, was a hollow point virgin. Went through the box as if it were regular ball ammo. I was using one of my 7rd factory mags and 2 Tripp 8rounders. I loaded all mags to full capacity and no problems. I am VERY HAPPY. I will have to buy some of the other hollow points next.
I've put about 75 Rem GS 230 grains through my SA Milspec and 25 of same through my new Colt Commander. No problems. In fact, for the Milspec, they were extremely accurate. I'm still getting used to the Commander, so I can't provide valid info there regarding accuracy.

·
Registered
534 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The hollow points I was using were pretty accurate too. I was just happy to see everything function properly with them. No hicupps of any kind.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.