1911Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Very nice. What a great way to end my 1911 drought! 100 rounds, 50 per target. 1st target looked like a shotgun pattern thanks to my new-gun jitters. The 2nd target's groups were a little tighter. I won't give the size of the groups; let's just say I need a lot more practice. A lot. :D

The only problems I had were about a half dozen or so failures to return to battery, corrected with a slight nudge to the back of the slide. I expect this to go away as the pistol is broken in, and it seemed to happen less frequently the further into the session I got. This is the pistol I traded a K9 for; I'm happy I did! I think I'll get a .22 conversion for it next so I can work on the trigger control and flinching. See practice comment above.... :cool:

·
Registered
1,526 Posts
Sounds good! Yeah, it probably just needs to be broken in a little. Are you going to modify it at all, or just leave it as-is as a sort of nostalgic piece?

Andy

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'll be leaving this one as-is, except for a pair of wood grips. If I want to add bells and whistles, I'll probably either start with a regular Mil-Spec and have work done, or go with a Loaded model with features I want already on it.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Pebcac
In the manual provided with the ww mil-spec Springfield Arms sayes not to use a .22 conversion kit due to saftey concerns. The note is on the last page.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Yeah, I saw that. IIRC, the concern is with some kits allowing the hammer to go too far forward, which could damage the frame. I wouldn't shoot it until I was sure it fit right, and any manufacturer will warn against something like this if they didn't make it themselves. Still, all due caution will be exercised. :)

Edited to add: Actually, the warning is because some kits will allow the firing pin to sit too far back, and the hammer might strike the pin at the safety stop notch. Having the above incorrect info floating out there with my name on it was bothering me. :)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts