1911Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Banned
612 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Picked up my first WC, a Bill Wilson Carry.
I am very impressed with this Compact. Steel frame, has a great round butt, something that I wish the T3 I had featured.
Finish is in great condition for a 2010 manufacture pistol. Final assembly was a day after my Birthdate, so that is rather cool.
Slide is crazy tight, but very smooth. Trigger is very crisp, guessing around 3.75-4 pounds. Overall fit and finish is outstanding.
It has night sights, green front, orange rear. Thumb safety has a very crisp snap to it, hole is NOT exposed when safety is on.
The BWC features a 4" bull barrel, very tight lockup. Frame's feed ramp is very even and polished nicely. I seriously can not
find a single flaw with this pistol.
My only feature that is a bit confusing is the magazine that Wilson chose to send with this
model. It is not a flush fitting mag as I would have expected. Officer size frame with a magazine that extends nearly 3/8"
from the frame. Seems a bit odd to me. I can see that for an extra mag or range mags, but I will be picking up some flush
fitting mags for carry.

·
Registered
223 Posts
My t3 was horribly unreliable. Failures to return to battery and throwing brass all over the slide so I think you made the right choice for a carry gun.

A mag is a simple fix and you will be good to go. Congrats on your new weapon!

·
Banned
612 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks guys,.......this is considerably the nicest semi-custom I have owned to date.
The T3 was a nice pistol, but the magwell drove me nuts. Remove the magwell and
frame was very squared, to the point of being irritating to shoot.

I really think I am going to like this BWC.

·
Registered
4,698 Posts
I just bought the same model. Also my first Wilson. Very nice.

·
Registered
4,698 Posts
Check that. I have the X-TAC.

·
Registered
4,698 Posts
I believe the idea is to have a flush mount as you carry and have the extended for backup. The extension aids quick reload.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts