1911Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In the past 4 months I purchased 2 brand new 1911s. The first was a kimber compact aluminum stainless. The second was a springfield 1911 loaded. I also purchased a g-19 for my son. Well I went to the range a couple of weeks ago with my wife and son. First time the wife has been in several years. Well I start shooting the kimber, at least one jam per mag,one factory, three wilsons. Then i shoot the spring field we get an ocasional jam . My son shoots the g-19 no jams what so ever. My wife then ask me how much each of these guns costs, I tell her, then she unloads on me why did you pay more for those two that don't work than the one that does? No real good answer.
The problem with the kimber is that the ejector is loose and I think this causes some problem with the slide not fuctioning properly. The springfield would fail to extract. I would have to pull the fired case from the extractor.
I have sent the kimber back, I will send the springfield back when the kimber gets back.
It is a shame that these guns cost more and are not as reliable as the glock was. No I am not limp wristing the guns. I have been shooting 1911's for 18 years, these are the only 2 hand guns I have had trouble with. I shoot the 1911's better and they are my choice when it comes to ccw.

·
Banned
5,952 Posts
Hi Ducati....
I bought my son a new Colt 1991A1, matte blue Government Model for $535. We took it out to the range. He shot his first new COLT with no failures whatsoever. And boy, was this thing accurate. I know this doesn't help you now, but there are 1911s new out of the box that do work and don't cost a bundle. Kimber and SA will make it right but it does get expensive sending guns back to the factory.
Regards,
Sam

·
Banned
217 Posts
If you're just going to the store for groceries - don't buy a Ferrari, buy a Glock.
Toyota Corollas and Porshe Carreras do the same thing - up to a point.

Hope I was clear

------------------
Have a great day!

·
Premium Member
5,062 Posts
I have had good success with Kimber, so I wouldn't bag on them too bad. I have also heard though, that their quality control has gone down the tubes. I did have a similar problem w/ my Kimber Gov. model. It turned out to be crappy Chip McCormick 8rd. mags. New Mec-Gar 8rders cured it. Still wouldn't hesitate to get next 1911 from Kimber. Haven't had any experience w/ SA.

------------------
"Double-action in an auto pistol seems to me an ingenious solution to a non-existent problem." -Jeff Cooper G&A mag Oct. 1973

·
Registered
77 Posts
If it is not the indian but the arrows, that is just plain bad luck to get 2 pistols that won't eject rounds.
I hope all works out with the manufacturers.

·
Administrator
72,143 Posts
Mind if I ask what ammo you used? If the .45 ACP was a bunch of factory reloaded stuff that could easily be the problem.

------------------
D. Kamm
USGI M1911/M1911A1 Pistols Website
http://www.geocities.com/M1911_M1911A1

·
Registered
203 Posts
Could just need a couple hundred rounds through it, gotta break em in ya know. I have had no problems with my Kimber compact aluminum stainless, in fact, this is my second kimber compact, first one was not aluminum though. Didn't have any trouble with the latter either. You'll enjoy the compact, give it a chance.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts