1911Forum banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well i went to the gun show today and traded a glock 19 and springfield loaded model 1911 for a para expert 14-45 and a expert stainless. The springfield had night sights and i just couldnt shoot it as well as my para gi ltc or my kimber stainless II which both have very close accuracy. The glock i havent shot in a year and frankly im just done with plastic guns. So now i am the proud owner of three para's . Im really looking forward to shooting the 14-45 and shooting IDPA with it . Anybody with a 14-45 please give me any info to get my blood pumpin to shoot this weapon cause i was alittle nervous on this purchase from all the negative things ive heard about the double stacks. Pics to come soon.

·
Registered
422 Posts
I have 2 and they are my favorites (of 6 1911s) by far. Both are heavy customized as are my others but the para high cap just fits my SMALL hands the best. They eat everything I feed then including mostly a diet of 250 gr flat points. I used them when competing in uspsa limited. They are great, you will love it. Congrats on the purchases and hope you enjoy then as much as I do.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I think i did pretty good on my trades plus i sti have extra mags for the glock that i can sell to make up some more money. Plus i get the para promotion of mags , bag and cleaning kit for both guns which also helps to seal the deal with a warm fuzzy feeling.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I would like to upgrade the 14-45 with a full length guide rod . I am assuming a wilson combat full length rod for a single stack 1911 will fit in this gun ,correct me if Im wrong please.

·
Registered
7,459 Posts
I would like to upgrade the 14-45 with a full length guide rod . I am assuming a wilson combat full length rod for a single stack 1911 will fit in this gun ,correct me if Im wrong please.

Congrats on the new pistola's. FLGR should fit. Tracy

·
Registered
7,459 Posts

·
Registered
422 Posts
Black ops

·
Registered
7,459 Posts

·
Registered
399 Posts
Congratulations on the new guns. The Wilson flgr fits fine. You could also order one from the para pro shop if you wanna stay with Para parts. Also Brownells carries a lot of Para parts. BTW, could you please post some pics of the feed ramp for the 14-45? I'm interested in seeing how the unramped version of the hicap looks. Thanks.
Bob

·
Registered
422 Posts
I wasn't aware para made a high cap without a ramped barrel

·
Registered
399 Posts
I wasn't aware para made a high cap without a ramped barrel
Maybe I read something into the ad that I shouldn't have, but all the other hicaps specifically note a ramped barrel and the 14-45 expert doesn't, so I took that to mean an unramped barrel such as the single stack expert has. www.para-usa.com/2013/index.php Would really like a definitive answer on that. Maybe Travis knows and would respond.
Bob

·
Registered
1,265 Posts
Lightweight LDA?.

Is Para not making anymore lightweight LDA ? I have the 3" all SS and love it and look to get a lightweight model.

·
Registered
1,464 Posts
Maybe I read something into the ad that I shouldn't have, but all the other hicaps specifically note a ramped barrel and the 14-45 expert doesn't, so I took that to mean an unramped barrel such as the single stack expert has. www.para-usa.com/2013/index.php Would really like a definitive answer on that. Maybe Travis knows and would respond.
Bob
I had made the same mistake but I believe that Travis confirmed in another thread that the Experts have the ramped barrel as well - especially the double-stack. Would have to search.
If they started putting conventional barrel in the Expert hi-caps, I'm going to be pissed.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts