1911Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Banned
11,450 Posts
With how much help, how many exceptions, how many do-overs?
Supposedly, no special consideration or exceptions were made. Not sure if or how many times they recycled...

As mentioned, tough school.

·
Registered
1,123 Posts
Awesome. I think some of you guys underestimate women and their abilities.

There are women out there who can perform at the same levels as men, just not very many of them.

In Navy dive school NCSC Panama City there was the occasion female who went through the program and believe me there were zero accommodations made. Same pull ups/PT.......everything. No slack, no mercy. They seemed to be more determined than their male counterparts.

·
Registered
2,086 Posts
The two women who graduated each recycled through two portions of the course. One third of all grads recycle through at least one

Oh- and IBTL since there is no 2A relationship

·
Registered
201 Posts
Advice: DO NOT read Fox, NBC, or CNN on this. Go to the Army Times article and read it instead. The Army's press release was very thorough about the stats, the recycles, etc, but Ranger recycles are apparently not something that reporters for the major news outlets want to understand.

FWIW, coming from a veteran of class 6-98, I absolutely believe these 2 women out of the 19 that started made it through on their own, with no special accommodations. I've known a lot of female soldiers for whom Ranger School would present little challenge.

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
With how much help, how many exceptions, how many do-overs?
Word on the street is that 19 women have been in the pipeline since January. A number of rollbacks and recycles have occurred. Now only after bringing in a General to administer the grading there are two who will graduate.

There also is word afoot of women being forced in combat arms roles against their wills in order to serve a political agenda. Specifically high achievers graduating from USMA West Point.

·
Registered
5,481 Posts
My wife is 53 and most men of any age cannot keep up with her on a bicycle, in a half marathon, or in the water, unless they themselves are avid competitors. Do not underestimate what women can do.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.