1911Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
809 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm beginning to shop for an RRA 20" A4 w/tactical muzzle break and Hogue grip. What I would appreciate advice on is the place to get the best price, and also what the current wait time for delivery is. As always any advice is greatly appreciated.

Thanks, Theo :)

·
Registered
2,366 Posts
Why not order directly from RRA and have it shipped to and transferred through a local dealer?

·
Registered
809 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Usually you don't get as sweet a deal when you order through the manufacturer. They stick to suggested retail to boost dealer sales. You sell more that way. For instance check out www.sportingarms.com. Look at the difference between the retail prices of say a Wilson CQB and Wilson's suggested retail prices. You would save hundreds by not ordering directly from Wilson. Anyway, I'm hoping to save a few bucks, and all the while praising our capitalistic system of economics!

Theo 8-D

·
Registered
809 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well, from what I can see adco looks like they'll be hearing from me soon. :)

Thanks, Theo. :)

·
Registered
1,500 Posts
Hey, take a shortcut.

If you already have an AR, just buy the top end!

Shipped directly to you, no tax, no papers, just more fun gun to shoot!

·
Registered
809 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thought you might like that, dubb. Any opinions on which length, 20" or 16" would be better for 3 gun? I'm trying to make the choice easier by taking votes.

Thanks, Theo. :)

·
Registered
809 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
dubb,
You aren't expediting the placing of an order by giving a customer more choices. ;-) Anyway, I didnt know RRA did an 18'er. What's up with that?

Theo :)

·
Registered
222 Posts
Theo,

myself I'm looking to purchase the Entry Tac. with quad rail, chrome lined barrel w/brake and Tac CAR stock.

Noticed you want to go with the Tactical brake instead of the Military brake, any reason for this?

triggers feel out of this fookin' world on these RRA's.

·
Registered
809 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Frankly I figured the only difference between the breaks is the way they look. I'm now leaning toward whichever instrument will reduce the muzzle flash more efficiently.

Theo :)

·
Registered
222 Posts
that's also my objective...but can anyone tell us if they know which will do a better job taking recoil and flash away better...the tactical or the military?

·
Registered
1,219 Posts
Actually, if any post ban brake reduces muzzle flash to any discernable degree, ATF would not allow it to be used. Flash suppressors are one of the no no's of the AWB and ATF should have tested the brake to dertermine it isn't a flash hider. If they haven't tested it and later decide it does reduce muzzle flash at all, then the post ban could suddenly become a "assault weapon" and the owner a felon. When it comes to post ban, you'll have to either base your decision on looks or reduction in muzzle rise, and not degree of flash supression.

later,
AJ

·
Registered
809 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
What a crock the AWB is. I pray the beast dies a quick death.

$.02

·
Registered
10 Posts
Theophorus, if you get a muzzle brake, PRAY you don't ever have to shoot that rifle without hearing protection. Just MHO, but I don't feel there is any need for a muzzle brake on a 5.56 rifle to aid in controling recoil or muzzle climb.

The RRA ARs are very good quality. I recently shot a spent .308 cartridge case at 100-yards with a brand new RRA Varminter upper on a RRA lower I built. One hole dead center through the case. (If the damn ar15.com board ever comes back up I could link to a picture of it.) The lower has a Jewell two-stage trigger set as light as you can get it. The RRA trigger is really nice though too. It just isn't adjustable.

The RRA ARs are very tight and fit & finsih is great. I'm also a huge Bushmaster fan, but the RRA is the best bang for the buck right now.

Pete in NH at Legal Transfers is another source for RRA rifles and parts. Here is Pete's website:

http://www.ar15sales.com/aboutus.htm

·
Registered
809 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Yeah, I'll be speaking with Damian to speak more about my purchase as soon as I find the time. Definitely going 18" now, and I am not worried about recoil at all. That was never the reason for the break. I would like a break because they look cool. I used to shoot my SLR-95 without hearing protection now and again just for effect. Not alot of course, but maybe for a mag or so. My German Shepherd used to not even flinch when we went shooting and he would be right near the muzzle. Poor fella probably went deaf. He died of a siezure at 3 years old. Tore me up. Still miss him.

Emotionally, Theo :)

·
Registered
11 Posts
"20 AR

i'll have to second the ADCO firearms thing about not needin a 20 barrel.ive got 2 16"topends and both shoot great,and both came from them.a good buncha guys to deal with.

·
Registered
349 Posts
16 inch AR

After debating which brand to buy in an AR I settled on a RRA & boy am I glad I made that decision. Took a chance & ordered a Flat top A4 w/ green plastic & I love it ( they had Bushmaster,Colt & DPMS in stock. So far I installed a GG&G Mad flip up rear sight soon to followed w/ an Eotech. Man what a carbine, shoots like a dream & fit & finish blow Colt & Bushmaster away!!!!! :cool:

1 - 19 of 19 Posts