1911Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I see a lot of loads for a 200 LSWC, anyone have any loads for a 200 LRN. It looks like the LRN is a little shorter bullet, so the OAL may change. I planned on using clays and wolf primers. The bullet is a precision coated lead bullet. Thanks

·
Registered
22,016 Posts
Unless you are loading at the absolute bleeding edge utter maximum powder charge and pressure, it makes no difference.

I loaded some with the same powder charge and appropriate OAL and got one foot per second (1.0 fps) difference between Precision SWC and RNFP.

Now a cast and wax lubed SWC was 22 fps faster with that same load, so if you are working right at the minimum required power factor, you may have to adjust with the use of a chronograph. Otherwise, don't worry about it.

(I was loading 700X and WLPs at midrange velocity, so no point in citing the numbers.)

·
Premium Member
3,371 Posts
Unless you are loading at the absolute bleeding edge utter maximum powder charge and pressure, it makes no difference.

I loaded some with the same powder charge and appropriate OAL and got one foot per second (1.0 fps) difference between Precision SWC and RNFP.

Now a cast and wax lubed SWC was 22 fps faster with that same load, so if you are working right at the minimum required power factor, you may have to adjust with the use of a chronograph. Otherwise, don't worry about it.

(I was loading 700X and WLPs at midrange velocity, so no point in citing the numbers.)
Agree totally.

·
Super Moderator
14,943 Posts
I usually use the same powder charge for all lead bullets of the same weight, regardless of the bullet "style", adjusting the OAL's as necessary.

·
Registered
148 Posts
I usually use the same powder charge for all lead bullets of the same weight, regardless of the bullet "style", adjusting the OAL's as necessary.
agree. A good amount of the loading info I have for lead bullet doesn't specify bullet shape, just weight with reference to the powder charge.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts