1911Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How many years did Colt use the Bold Face Roll Stamp " COLT M1991 A1" ? Also, I was wondering if any of those came from Colt Factory New with the Adjustable rear sight & the lightweight 3 hole trigger ? Or was that something someone added to the Colt ? Thanks

Attachments

·
Administrator
75,876 Posts
I believe Lew Horton sold those back in the day. Just another distributor exclusive.

·
Registered
1,735 Posts
There was a Colt tactical Level 3 based on the 1991 that had a Bomar rear from the factory around that time but that doesn't look like your gun. Your gun just looks like somebody put on a Bomar on it. The gun I am talking about was from the Custom shop. Would have a big Blue box with it. Magwell and other stuff came on it.

Air gun Trigger Everyday carry Gun barrel Gun accessory
Air gun Trigger Everyday carry Gun barrel Gun accessory

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
There was a Colt tactical Level 3 based on the 1991 that had a Bomar rear from the factory around that time but that doesn't look like your gun. Your gun just looks like somebody put on a Bomar on it. The gun I am talking about was from the Custom shop. Would have a big Blue box with it. Magwell and other stuff came on it.

View attachment 622702 View attachment 622702

View attachment 622702 View attachment 622702

·
Administrator
75,876 Posts
01991 LH3
Yup, a Lew Horton exclusive. Unfortunately they closed their doors in 2019 so they can no longer be reached for info.

·
Registered
213 Posts
There were a few similar Lew Horton 1991's done around that same time. I have two of them: One had a Videki trigger and standard sights, the other has the standard black trigger but has Bomar sights. I think the models are LH1 and LH2, but I would have to dig out the boxes and verify that. Your LH3 seems to be a combo of the two. There is nothing that special or collectible about them, but they are great shooters.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
There were a few similar Lew Horton 1991's done around that same time. I have two of them: One had a Videki trigger and standard sights, the other has the standard black trigger but has Bomar sights. I think the models are LH1 and LH2, but I would have to dig out the boxes and verify that. Your LH3 seems to be a combo of the two. There is nothing that special or collectible about them, but they are great shooters.
Thank you, do your guns have a # stamped on the trigger guard ?

·
Administrator
75,876 Posts
There is nearly always a number stamped somewhere on the triggerguard on a Colt because it is a factory assembler's mark. The number will vary depending on who it was assigned to.

Reactions: Boulder
1 - 16 of 16 Posts