1911Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,058 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Fired one of the new parkerized loaded models this weekend. I ordered a few of these guns to sell and ended up selling one to a friend of mine. These are the guns with Novak night sights, dehorning, etc. Really nice gun, good deal for the money. I like it better than my '99 stainless loaded model, the dehorning helps, it could still use more. The trigger pull was wonderful! Very crisp, broke clean. No malfunctions of any kind troughout the 250 rounds fired. However, when comparing the 2001 guns I noticed one gun came with a serrated MSH and the other had a checkered MSH. Not that big of a deal, but anyone know why?

·
Registered
2,395 Posts
I own two of these guns and love them both. I'm just guessing here, but I think SA was using up mainspring housings when these guns first came out. My first couple looked like they had been drilled and coverted from regular MSH's. Last couple have been the checkered, IMO, better looking mainspring housings. Nothing wrong with it, but most manufacturers try to salvage and use up old parts before using new model ones. I may be totally in left field with this, but that's what I suspect.

·
Registered
3,984 Posts
What kind of accuracy are you getting out of your ne Springfield? Sounds like a great gun.

·
Registered
1,058 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Nathan, I didn't bench the gun for accuracy yet. Just some casual shooting from about 15yds as well as some presentation drills etc. The gun feels great and has a much tighter lockup than on my '99 loaded model.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts