1911Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know of some 3-Gun matches coming up in the following states (TX/OK/AR/LA)...........

Close to houston would be great.....

Thanks

·
Super Moderator
7,736 Posts
You already know about the Millerathon in Raton, but the following month the Colorado State Shotgun Championship will be in Denver.

Rocky Mountain has a new website, www.rm3g.com

See you in Raton.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Walter......When is the OKLA STATE Championship 3gun going to be?

Tom.......you bet I will be at the raton match.......I would not miss it for the world....

Bigsapper.......I would like to make a tigervalley match....i will check your calendar on your website and see when i can make it..

If anyone has anymore that would be great.......I want to make the rounds to the matches in 2004......

thanks

·
Registered
323 Posts
Helmut said:
Walter......When is the OKLA STATE Championship 3gun going to be?
At the last match it sounded like they were still working the date out with the Section, but they were planning a two-day event on a regular match weekend. Maybe sometime in the last half of the year (?).

The Arkansas section championship was in November in Fort Smith. They put on an outstanding two-day affair with 100 rounds each (including 22+ slugs). The 200 yard paper targets humbled quite a few in rifle.

Of course, it seems like OKC put some 1/4 size IPSC steel at 100 yards for us to shoot.....

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
walter..........i shot the Arkansas State 3gun........they did a great job with the stages....shooting 10 stages in one day, then another 5 the next and still getting done by 1pm......that is very good planning......

I will keep checking the OKC website for an update.....thanks

·
Super Moderator
7,736 Posts
WalterMitty said:
Of course, it seems like OKC put some 1/4 size IPSC steel at 100 yards for us to shoot.....
I like to put them out to 350. Really. Our flash targets have IPSC target shaped plates. You will see them again at next years Raton match.

10 stages in a day? Wow. I am impressed. It takes us, with a squad of 10-12, about 70 minutes per stage. Granted some of it is long range rifle with a 5 minute time limit... Then Eddie and Kurt roll through and shoot it fast enough to blow the curve.

·
Registered
1,232 Posts
Helmut said:
Does anyone know of some 3-Gun matches coming up in the following states (TX/OK/AR/LA)...........

Close to houston would be great.....

Thanks
I was gonna to tell ya about this great place that a really cool 3-gun shooter shoots at... a lil place called 59 Gun range, Tuesday nights... but I have a feeling you already know the guy. ;)

:D

We've been shooting some great, sorta impromptu Steel matches at ImpactZone on Wednesday nights. You should come out and join us.

·
Registered
150 Posts
I don't actually know. One of my friends has the address, and I've been after him to get it to me. Central LA, I'm pretty sure.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Here's what I have on Nick's:

Nick’s Shooting Range (pistol/rifle) public
P.O. Box 1535
Gramercy, LA 70052
5192 West Airline Hwy.
Garyville, LA 70051
Hwy 61
Garyville, LA 985-535-8161
I-10 between Gonzales and Laplace, take exit 461 south, go 10