1911Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone have any experience with Montana gold .45 acp 200 grain JFP, I did a search and there's very little.
I spoke with a guy at a local range who stated that they were very accurate but did not know anything about the loads because he did not load them and I did not have any way of measuring OAL with me. So anyone have any information about these bullets and other loading info?
Thanks

·
Registered
1,062 Posts
The reloaders of the Montana Gold do use them, if you would do a search for Montana Gold you would most likely find out how the reloaders like or dislike the Montana Gold Bullets

TC

·
Registered
183 Posts
I am using MGB 200 grain JFP/JSP, with Ramshot Enforcrer powder and load data from 200 grain XTP's (Hornady)(see note) for shooting at steel targets, because they seem to bounce back less than FMJ's.

Note: I made this determination after careful experimentation and load developement. I will not post the powder charge or details specific to this load as it was developed for my pistol, under controlled conditions.

They are fairly accurate, but I haven't really done any serious and intense testing to see exactly how tight they can group, but otherwise, they are working quite well at the velocities I am pushing them.

I started loading them, because I was looking for a practice load, that could duplicate my carry load Hornady 200 XTP (+P) and with the Enforcer powder, I can duplicate the load safely.

MGB 200 JSP measurement (apprx) : length .543, Bearing surface .282, Shoulder to nose .265, Nose .242, Outside dia. .451

Hornady XTP 200 JHP Measurement (apprx): L .568 , Bearing S .285, Shoulder to nose .290, Nose .254, Outside dia. .451

The above measure are approxiamate, since I don't have the equipment to get exact measurements.

If you want loads for Ramshot powders go the the website www.ramshot.com

The Enforcer powder is a low density powder and you will use twice as much powder, per load as you would with another powder, but, you can get velocities above a 1000 fps with the starting load and the 200 grain bullet.

Disclaimer: Any data supplied is for informational purposes only. Reloaders should consult loading manuals and the bullet manufacturers, for data specific to thier product.

·
Registered
1,062 Posts
rlbgfish173 said:
TC, if you would have read my first post you would have noticed that I did do a search!
Happy Holidays
My error

I apologize
TC

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
FYI, I have found a good one, 200 JFP over 340 V V, min load per the manual and they go where ever I point them.

The Manual is on line.:D :D :D

·
Registered
975 Posts
I shoot the Montana 200 grs all the time I load 6.5 gr of universal but I don't know the oal \.

If you email me I'll look it up when I get back from the frozen North (Detroit) Thursday.

I fhav shot about 3000 of them this year so far and the seem to shoot quite well.

Mike

·
Registered
20 Posts
Any body using Clays and the MG 200 JFP? I just switch from the 230 FMJ Rainiers. If so, can you share your Clays load data for this bullet. I will email both Montanta and Hodgdon and post if they respond.

Thanks

1 - 9 of 9 Posts