1911Forum banner

2010 Uber Finish :D

16644 Views 80 Replies 49 Participants Last post by  Shad Roe
I hope everyone had a happy New Years.

OK here we go the grand finale. These following pictures are of our new Duty treat. Far superior to anything we have ever used before. I am going to show you a little torture test and you can decide for yourself.

First picture is of a sample slide we had done with our new treatment.

This is a very nice smooth matte black finish. This is not a paint or type of plating. This finish is bonded to the metal down below the surface. Our new finish actually leaves a harder finish on the surface than your standard Stainless slide. Yes all of the Black Valor's will still be a base gun of stainless steel. The same is true for the CCO and the Guardian slides and small parts. So what I am saying is we are not cutting any corners by giving you a carbon gun with the treatment done to it.

Next up is my little torture test for you.

Sorry it is kind of fuzzy. It is tough to hold a file and take a picture. :)
I will use two hands for the test though. OK so see the file? I am going to take it at that angle and scrape at the finish. I am not going to be gentle.
OK here is the result.

The camera doesn't show the best, in fact half of what I did didn't show up. I know what you're thinking...He barley did anything. What is he trying to prove? Well let me tell you, what I did would have scraped the Cerakote away to bare metal and scratched the heck out of ion-bond. That file has very sharp corners and is very hard. So now see the scuff marks I put in it? It's ruined right? Wrong!
A little oil and some 000 steel wool and....

Ta-da! :eek: No it is not that same picture as the first. Note the flash in the different spot. Believe it or not this is what I did and this is what you are going to get in 2010.

I am not saying that this stuff is indestructible. Nothing is, but it sure beats most everything else out there.
1 - 20 of 81 Posts

· Premium Member
495 Posts
I got to have me some of that. I am however waiting patiently.:(:bawling: I want one now.

· Registered
100 Posts
All I can say is HOLY S#%*.......Looks absolutely beautiful my man. Kieth, so your saying this is the best finish out there? Better than Ion bond or melonite? Who actually came up with this concoction? I love the fact if you do happen to put a scratch in your new 2010 model, it will be an easy fix to get it back to perfection!! Im a believer...Could I send in my CBOB to get this new finish if I wanted? Thanks kieth...DW for life!

· Banned
460 Posts
is this some type of game? Teasing me isn't going to do anything. I have respect for the brand right now. But I am not enjoying the teasing. We are loyal customers. We like you and you new stuff is nice, I like the finish. But take a gun, photo it and then sractch it up and take it apart in photos and show us the parts.

I am just not into the "game" feeling. It's a serious forum and I just don't see what good this is doing except to (at first is was cute) now become more irratating. And i know I don't have to open the thread, I guess I am hoping it will end and just put it out there, I am very sure there are others who would rather not play along any more, there ars some who may enjoy it, but I want to start shopping and stop teasing. I don't need all this to want one, I will buy 3 next year. So can I just see the weapons, and then pieces in the same thread?

respectfully,

CHRNB

· Premium Member
7,725 Posts
Go take it outside in the sand some place please and run thru a sand pile a few times and see if it holds up. Like it was being used in the Big Sand Box,
Outstanding finish though in my opinion.............

Clyde

BTW That would look Great for a Two Tone DW..........:bawling::bawling:

· Registered
116 Posts
Man, that"s amazing! Glad to hear it's going to be on the Guardian since that's my next one. Are you going to offer that finish for pre 2010 pistols too? i'd be interested in that.

thanks

Mike

· Banned
1,327 Posts
What is Uber anyways? I know it is the finish.., what is UBER?
Its an adjective that can be added to anything... its usually heard spoken from the mouths of...

uh... how can I say this without offending....

I don't know anyone who talks like that, and i think Keith was joking. :biglaugh:

· Premium Member
155 Posts
Awesome stuff... Now I want all of my 6 DWs that I currently own to have that treatment. Competition and carry is tough on stainless guns..

I'd like to see Dave's super treatment do this too. I've been contemplating sending some stuff down that way...

1 - 20 of 81 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.