1911Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
872 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone try using a 22 conversion kit on their Brown Pistol?

I would assume they would fit the frame with no problems and run well.
Xmas is coming and I have been a good boy so I am looking into one of those Marvel units.

Good idea??

·
Registered
613 Posts
Personally I would rather have a Browning Buckmark to shoot instead of a conversion kit. It's a PITA to try to change the slide out when the gun is a little on the warm side from shooting it. Also, another gun is more fun to shoow anyways. The Browning has the same controls (trigger feel, safety,magazine and slide release location) and feel as a 1911.

The Marvels are supposed to be very accurate. I do not know anything about mounting one on a Brown as I don't have one.

·
Registered
869 Posts
My Ciener Platinum fits all four of my 1911s; Ed Brown Exec Target, Les Baer PII, SA Black Stainless Loaded and S&W1911 PD Commander. 15 round mags. Very accurate and reliable. Slide does not lock back on last shot. It's been on the SA for a few months now and will probably stay there into the future.

·
Premium Member
9,375 Posts
I have a Kimber .22 kit that I have run on my EB EE for years. Not too many rounds. Maybe 5000. Runs like a top.

As a matter of fact, the only frame I run that kit on is the EB EE. I use it for cheap training. I still have 5000 rounds of CCI Stinger on the shelf for it. The Stinger is a hi-velocity round, make a big flash, and a loud bang. Helps replicate the real thing somewhat.

As for switching, couldn't be easier. The 22 is a one piece. that holds in place by the slide-stop. Easy-peasy.

FYI. My Kimber kit is made by Ceiner so it is the same as mentioned previously.

Regards,
Greyson

·
Registered
1,001 Posts
I bought a used "Wilson", commander sized, .22 conversion (I think on this board) and although it is very accurate, and runs 100% on my Kobra Carry frame, it is a lot lighter, and changes the balance.

·
Registered
256 Posts
yup Mrs. Claus has got me one of them Marvel units,,,,and i think i want to put it on a dedicated frame......just so i can put it on a frame and leave it,,,,,that's my thoughts YMMV

ocharry

1 - 9 of 9 Posts