1911Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a wilson 22 kit that overall I love. However (knew that was coming didn't you?), I have discoverd that it is REALLY picky about ammo. At least I am hoping that it is the ammo causing the problems. What I am asking is if anybody else has a kit and if so have you had any problems with the feeding. By the way this is on a 1991A1 commander frame

·
Registered
437 Posts
I have a Wilsons Unit and it works almost perfect,every now and again some of the priming compound in a round won't go off.This doesn't happen very often.It feeds every kind of 22 ammo I run through it with no problems.I have used this unit on my Wilson Protector and also my Gunsite Service Pistol with good results.Both of these are full size pistols. BILLG

·
Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Billg - Would you think that the commander vs. full size would have any affect on this?

·
Registered
437 Posts
ahenry I don't think that it should.But you might call Wilsons and see if they can help.Let me know how it turns out. BILLG

·
Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Billg - I called Wilson and they said that it wouldn't feed lead ammo. I have had most of my trouble with lead so I am going to try a few jacketed types on my next trip to the range. Hope this takes care of it.

·
Registered
356 Posts
I have one of the Wilson 22 conversions units. I have not used it yet as it would not work on my 1991A1 commander or my 1991A1 full size in 38 super. I called Wilsons and they told me that the ejector on those guns is to far to the left on the frame. I was told to use a full size 45 frame. I got a CD 1911 that it fits on and will try it out on Wendsday.

------------------
Men sleep safe in there beds at night because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts