1911Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3,920 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Which kit do you reccomend?

Also, why does Sprigfield say that 22 conversion kits are NG on their guns?

·
Registered
548 Posts
I bought one of the Wilson adjustable sight units made by Ciener and am very happy with it. Wilson had a sale for $229.

It probably has had 5K rounds put through it with almost no malfunctions.

Claude

·
Registered
19 Posts
I bought a second hand ciener at a gun show and have been tempted to get another if the price is right. Absolutely no complaints about it,a purist could only fault it for not duplicating felt recoil like the Colt Ace.

·
Registered
271 Posts

·
Registered
498 Posts
Very timely subject. I just took delivery of my Marvel unit with iron sights and am delighted with it. These things come with a test target and are guaranteed to shoot a 5 shot group of UNDER 1" at 50 YDS...my test target was .7"...dropped it onto a 1911 bottom end (takes about 45 sec, including removal of the .45 slide) and went shooting. It took a few rounds for it to settle in but then it was a solid performer. I could tell that my trigger control was trash from the random groups (some fell right on top of each other, others flew all over the place). The 10rd mags are a bear to load but positively exude utter quality. Fed and ejected 100% with zero problems. It doesn't lock back on the last shot but this thing shoots so smooth and accurately, I don't care...with a scope top mount this is probably what I'm gonna use at the next Sportsmans Team challenge. They aren't cheap at over $330 but I've tried a friends Ceiner...believe me, it's worth the difference...I'm going to get vastly better at my 1911 trigger control with this unit and it even shoots Wally World specials into darn small groups (guaranteed under 1.9" outside to outside, at 50yds) Can you tell I like mine?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts