1911Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 1911A1 loaded and am interested in getting a .22 conversion for fun and plinking .....does anyone have any suggestions on makes or feedback on it??

·
Registered
3,613 Posts
I have the Marvel #1 22lr conversion that fits a 1911 frame, and an Advangate Arms 22lr conversion that fits my Glock 21. The Marvel #1 is by far the better of the two.

·
Registered
88 Posts
22LR conversions

I have an aquaintance who purchased a kimber conversion kit. He has experienced the slide bypassing the stop and becoming jammed. I own a Ciener conv. and have never experienced any type of malfunction ( excluding using poor quality ammo, (ciener recommends high velocity)

·
Registered
45 Posts
I owned a Kimber rimfire .22LR. Although not really a conversion I am sure the upper on my rimfire is a duplcate of their conversion unit. They recommend high velocity for break-in and continued use but state standard velocity should work after break in. I shot about 500 rounds of high velocity through it. Took meticulous care of it, properly lubricated it and it got to the point where it would only cycle properly with CCI Stingers (hyper velocity). I eventually traded it.

·
Registered
91 Posts
springfield says no

spring is very clear not to use these, its in the owners manual. they say the way the hammer hits the firing pin, that alot of the slides protrude back and cause damage to the gun, slide and punch holes threw the primers (I HAVE NO EXPEREANCE WITH THESE)

·
Registered
3,232 Posts
I have both a marvel 1 conversion setup with a red dot and a ceiner on 1911 frames..

both are lot of fun...the ceiner is definitely for plinking..the Marvel is extremely accurate..

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
jon11892 said:
spring is very clear not to use these, its in the owners manual. they say the way the hammer hits the firing pin, that alot of the slides protrude back and cause damage to the gun, slide and punch holes threw the primers (I HAVE NO EXPEREANCE WITH THESE)
Thanks I never noticed that.....they should put that closer to the front of the manual and not on the last page.....so I guess I don't have any options now :(

·
Registered
19 Posts
I think the manual states what it does for liability purposes. If something went wrong, you now have two manufacturers to blame... My Kimber conversion kit works, and does not come close to the hammer on my milspec. I have an older lightweight that seems to be built to a different spec, and I can not visually inspect the hammer/pin location at a de-cock position, I have not tried the kit with that pistol (or my TRP for that matter.)

Fritz

1 - 11 of 11 Posts