1911Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,951 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I asked this on another non-Wilson forum, but wanted to see what everyone thought over here as well. I am looking for a 22 top-end to initially put on my Protector. Anybody have any experience with the Wilson one? Thx

·
Registered
1,805 Posts
I have one of the newer ones and it works great. I think it is produced by Marvel, and rebranded. The older ones (in the blue case) I don't think work as well, which is why Wilson stopped carrying them (from memory).

I hope this helps.

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
My experience with the WC in the blue case has been good. Have had it for many years. Also, have an AA target model. It also is very good. Just my experience.

·
Registered
277 Posts
Part of me is ashamed to say this-but I run my Kimber conversion kit on my CQB's and don't have any issues. If I run it on my TLE frame it will only run with Remington Golden a bullets but on my WC guns it will eat anything. Doesn't make any sense to me.

·
Registered
8,012 Posts
I skipped the conversion and just went with a dedicated .22. Wound up getting the Nighthawk/Bob Marvel .22. It's a really nice pistol, even if it doesn't shoot a larger round. Since I've had it, it comes along to the range with me when I shoot other guns. Gives me a little more 1911 time. Only difference is recoil.

·
Registered
3,438 Posts
Part of me is ashamed to say this-but I run my Kimber conversion kit on my CQB's and don't have any issues.
Now that's an atrocity! :eek: Just Kidding! :D

If I run it on my TLE frame it will only run with Remington Golden a bullets but on my WC guns it will eat anything. Doesn't make any sense to me.
Have you tried CCI Mini-Mags? In my experience they are about the best .22 LR there is. Don't get the hollow points as sometimes they will collapse on the feed ramp and cause a malfunction. I've been playing around with a relatively new Ruger 10/22 Lite that my range added to their rental collection. I was thinking about buying one of my own but ultimately decided pass. It's a REALLY fun pistol to shoot but it's very particular about ammo and the CCI Mini-Mags work well but like I said avoid the HP's and go for the standard nose.

·
Registered
277 Posts
Mini Mags will work as well. Maybe I should rephrase my statement-the only "bulk" type 22 ammunition I can get my Kimber kit to rub on my Kimber frame is Golden Bullets. Don't get me wrong it's extremely accurate, if the shot misses its me not the kit.

·
Registered
733 Posts
I have a chance to by a Wilson 22 conversion. It's the blue box one, but after reading some of this thread I think I study it a bit more.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts