1911Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I would appreciate info from those of you who have used the kimber 22 conversion kits on their 1911's.
I would like one for practice if they function well.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Just tried mine out for the first time, not such good luck. In about 80 rounds, was unable to get through a full clip w/o a FTF, also had a few FTE and a couple that just wouldn't fire, even when rotated and tried again(Remington T-bolts, recomended load).
At that point, while checking gun after yet another FTF I found the rear sight moving in the dovetail and ready to fall off the gun. Called it quits after that that, am going to completely disassemble both magazine and top end to clean and lube, figure out how to tighten rear sight (looks like there's a set screw to do so but appears as though sight will have to be disassembled to access it) and then try again. Maybe a good lube is all it needs, it is kind of "sticky" when cycled. when it did shoot, seemed ok. Disappointing start, hope it gets better.
Manny

·
Registered
60 Posts
Originally posted by Manny:
Just tried mine out for the first time, not such good luck. In about 80 rounds, was unable to get through a full clip w/o a FTF, also had a few FTE and a couple that just wouldn't fire, even when rotated and tried again(Remington T-bolts, recomended load).
At that point, while checking gun after yet another FTF I found the rear sight moving in the dovetail and ready to fall off the gun. Called it quits after that that, am going to completely disassemble both magazine and top end to clean and lube, figure out how to tighten rear sight (looks like there's a set screw to do so but appears as though sight will have to be disassembled to access it) and then try again. Maybe a good lube is all it needs, it is kind of "sticky" when cycled. when it did shoot, seemed ok. Disappointing start, hope it gets better.
Manny
Manny--Follow the thread mentioned above--don't be discouraged. My conversion worked great on my first Kimber, but had the problems you described on the second. I finally noticed that a little judicious filing the left top of the mag reduced the drag. Also,you have to be careful when you clean the barrel and not bend what I presume is the ejector, projecting from the from the rear left of the barrel--than can cause some drag too? I guess I have 4 k rounds through mine now.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts