1911Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I like to compete in IDPA, pickup, etc. I would like to get a 22 conversion to help practice with accuracy- long dist- sight picture, and to pull the trigger 500 times for $14 etc. All the websites I go to to research are geared toward bulls eye. dOES ANYBODY HERE USE a 22 con to practice as I would like or is it all bullseye

·
Registered
27 Posts
I don't do bulleye, and I purchased my Kimber .22 conversion for practice draw and fire drills for IDPA. So it sounds like I do what you are asking about.

I've got to say that using the .22 conversion has helped, although after getting used to the .22, I do notice the recoil of the .45 whereas I previously had not paid that much attention to the .45 recoil when that was my only frame of reference.

As far as the Kimber conversion, its great. I've been feeding it a steady diet of the cheapest bulk Federal ammo from Wally World ($8.95 per 550rds) without a hitch. I have a Kimber Classic stainless that I use for games so I put the .22 conversion on my old Colt 1911 that I hadn't been using as much and both go with me to the range.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts