1911Forum banner

1 - 20 of 374 Posts

·
Registered
3,662 Posts
I just found some 2 days ago at Academy Sports for $3/50 rounds (Blazer brass case). Bought 2 boxes (store limit).
Went back today and all sold out.
Today at my LGS I found & bought 200 rounds of CCI Mini- mags for $20 (again, store limit).
Seems like $0.10/round is the market rates.

·
Registered
621 Posts
I have not paid those kinds of prices, nor will I do so.

I will reload and shoot 9mm before I pay those prices.

I have found some 22 lr in the 6 to 8 cents per round range, not a great bargain but...

·
Premium Member
5,370 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I have not paid those kinds of prices, nor will I do so.

I will reload and shoot 9mm before I pay those prices.

I have found some 22 lr in the 6 to 8 cents per round range, not a great bargain but...
They are asking for 9mm prices on .22LR. How crazy is that! When I found this, my jaw dropped to the floor.

·
Registered
23,529 Posts
Wait about two years.

If you think the prices are absurd now. Just wait a couple of years. These are the good old days.

·
Registered
1,008 Posts
10 cents/round seems the new norm. That's what I am seeing online and in gun stores around here. Wal-Mart is the only place still charging around 6 cents/round. Finding any there is not likely though.

·
Registered
668 Posts
The old timers were chiming about a year plus ago that by last Spring the prices would go down.

I am also surprised that 22 LR has not yet got mainstream....

weird.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Gander Mountain has Remington 100 rd boxes for 7.99 in their sale flyer for Saturday morning. Had them as well a couple of weeks ago. Son and I dropped in just after 10 am and they had stacks of them. Got to the check out and got them for $3.99/box! Got our limit (3 each) but went back early Sunday morning with receipt and they sold me and wife 3 more boxes each at $3.99! Offered to sell me 10 each......I declined as I had spent most of my "fun money" allowance on a new gun earlier in the month.

I have not paid over 10 cents/round in the last 2 years. You just have to shop around and I refuse to stand in line at Wallyworld at 3 in the morning for a 50 round box of .22lr (if everyone in front of you doesn't buy them out first)!

·
Registered
3,234 Posts
I've been picking up over 1000 rounds a month and not paying more than $0.06-$0.07 a round depending on brand.

Been finding it at a variety of places.

·
Banned
321 Posts
10 cents/round seems the new norm. That's what I am seeing online and in gun stores around here. Wal-Mart is the only place still charging around 6 cents/round. Finding any there is not likely though.
Here in the Denver-Metro they are popping up everywhere again from WalMart (actually the LEAST stocked as a rule for the past 6 weeks) to Cabelas to Dick's Sporting Goods at $.055 to $.07 a round as the norm right now. Only time I saw $.10 / round was a local range that brought in like 2 million rounds of CI and were gouging non-members for $.10/round for 500 round boxes (when you could have driven 1 mile and gotten the same quantity for $.06 / round @ Dick's.)

·
Registered
3,725 Posts
I went shooting with my Dad about two weeks ago and looked around in the store area where they had .22 LR for sale. I couldn't believe the price...$10 - $12 for a box of 50 rounds!

To no surprise, they had tons of boxes sitting on their shelves and that's where they'll stay at those prices.

·
Premium Member
5,370 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I went shooting with my Dad about two weeks ago and looked around in the store area where they had .22 LR for sale. I couldn't believe the price...$10 - $12 for a box of 50 rounds!

To no surprise, they had tons of boxes sitting on their shelves and that's where they'll stay at those prices.
Was this store in Snohomish County?

·
Administrator
73,082 Posts
I was in a local Big5 Sporting Goods yesterday, and I overheard a customer asking about .22 ammo. The salesman told him to show up Monday when they open, which is when they get their ammo deliveries for the week. He warned him however that the same three guys come in each week and buy up all that they can. I almost wanted to pipe in and say I'd bet those same three guys show up at the local gun show each month to sell it off, but I decided to stay out of the conversation.

·
Administrator
73,082 Posts

·
Registered
370 Posts
Our LGS's have been out or at least run out before I get there for months. I picked up some online, after shipping .08 cents a round, not great but OK I guess especially here in Califonia

·
Registered
2,471 Posts
It's starting to show up more and more now, but the price is still not good. Think the best I've seen was Sportsman warehouse had 30 bucks a brick for Thunderbolt, still more than twice what I ever paid for it.

I wish people would stop buying it, you think the price will ever go down once they found out how much people will pay?

·
Registered
3,234 Posts
I picked up another 1950 rounds today at Walmart. Went back to get my new hunting and fishing license and noticed they had some in stock. Wife and I both picked up our alloted 3 boxes.

1 - 20 of 374 Posts