Registered
541 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone seen/shot the Wilson .22 1911 style pistol? thanks

·
Premium Member
221 Posts
Joee,

Are you talking about the .22 conversion kit?

·
Registered
541 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
No, SAINT not the conversion unit. Wilson makes a complete .22 / 1911 style pistol. List price of $1200.

·
Premium Member
221 Posts
Joee,

I just looked at the .22 on Wilson's site. Man, you'd do better to buy the conversion unit and use your own 1911 frame. I bought one two years ago and have used it on an old, old Colt 1911 frame (original issue 1918), a brand new Kimber Classic Target frame and my new Wilson KZ frame. It has never given me any problems. The advantage of course is that you have the best of both worlds. Just MHO and save you money in the long run.

------------------
Samual Adams: "The Constitution shall never be construed to prevent the people of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms." (Convention of the Commonwealth of Mass., 86-87)

·
Registered
984 Posts
The Saint, How did you use the conversion on your KZ-45? Does Wilson make .22 mags for it?

·
Premium Member
221 Posts
Jonny O,

Nope, nope, nope, got carried away with myself there. I've used it on three different frames at one time or another, a colt and two Kimber Classic frames. Oh, how embarrassing, thanks for keeping me straight.

------------------
Samual Adams: "The Constitution shall never be construed to prevent the people of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms." (Convention of the Commonwealth of Mass., 86-87)

·
Premium Member
221 Posts
Everyone,

I feel I owe you all an apology, especially Joee; I always make a special effort to pass along accurate information. In this case, I have used the .22 conversion unit many times on my Colt and Kimbers. I had actually taken it with me to use when I was breaking in the KZ. I was so programmed to think in sevens and eights I didn't even think about the magazines. I ended up BSing with the range officer and never got a chance to try it. Of course, it wouldn't have worked but the fact that is was a Wilson product, not working never crossed my mind. At any rate, I apologize for the misinformation and will diligently strive to always pass along credible info in the future. I humbly ask for your forgiveness.

------------------

·
Registered
984 Posts
Got that right. We sure do!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts