1911Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,932 Posts
just traded into one, but haven't had a chance to get out and shoot it yet. Looking forward to it.

·
Registered
781 Posts
Can you say fire breathing dragon? And loud also!!! How would you like to shoot the 22TCM in your car?

·
Registered
1,493 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
There is really no logical reason for this round. Wouldn’t use it for SD. Maybe shooting rodents.

But it’s fun as hell!

·
Premium Member
7,683 Posts

·
Registered
161 Posts
There is really no logical reason for this round. Wouldn’t use it for SD. Maybe shooting rodents.

But it’s fun as hell!
While I agree I wouldn't use it for SD the major reason for that is how loud it is. Shooting it without hearing protection will almost certainly cause hearing loss. On the other hand with the right loads it does a great job of defeating most soft body armor.

·
Registered
1,061 Posts
The TCM is definitely a BLAST! Guaranteed not too make many friends at indoor ranges. :)Although not originally intended as a SD defense round, many use it for such and many ballistics test show respectable penetration using the factory 40 grain bullets. Moreover, 99% of all shooting consists of range/target and small critter shooting, which is where the TCM excels.

·
Registered
3,955 Posts

But it’s fun as hell!
Fun as hell sounds like a logical reason to me :rock:
Exactly! Isn’t that what it’s all about?

:rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock:

Each are very valid points and pretty much were my thought process at 19 years old.....and still are to this day.

Lord willing, I'm hoping it stays that way !!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts